Protext (Amiga, 3 1/2" Disk) MichTron - 1991 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Productivity, Word Processing, Word Processor|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Finally... the word processor that will satisfy all your needs!
Protext is a fully integrated word processing package, which combines the features of a word processor, text editor, and a command line interpreter all in one easy to use package.
Protext includes features found only in word processing packages costing several hundred dollars more. Some of these features are:
- Spell checking with Protext is simple and fast to perform. Spell checking can be performed on the entire document, a user defined black of the document, or interactively as text is entered. Additional spell checking features include word lookup, and a user definable dictionary.
- Text pages are automatically formatted as they are entered and edited. You never need to reformat your documents again.
- Your text pages are shown exactly as they will be printed. Bold, italic, superscript, subscript, and underlined text are all displayed on the screen. Documents can be viewed showing where tabs, hard spaces, returns, and page breaks are located.
- Footnotes can be entered and are automatically placed in the printouts. Headers, footers, and automatic page numbering are also supported.
- Protext includes advanced mail merge facilities. The mail merge facilities allow you to personalize documents based on information contained in a data file. Selective, conditional, and alternative text merges are all possible, as is the use of the time and date.
- The interpreter allows you to perform most desktop functions without leaving Protext. Files can be copied, moved, and deleted. Disks can be formatted. You can run some programs from within Protext, including compilers, assemblers, and linkers. This allows Protext to be used effectively in program development and reduce time wasted switching to the editor.
- Macro functions are provided to speed operations of a series of functions. A macro record mode is provided to allow an easy method to define macros.
- All the features of Protext are easy to use, even for a novice user. All commands can be accessed by menus, and full on line help can be called up at any time.
... and there are many more!
The combination of these powerful features has created a unique working environment that will enable you to compose a letter, write a book, or even develop a program.