Photon Paint 2.0 (Amiga, 3 1/2" Disk) MicroIllusions - 1988 USA, Canada Release
Photon Paint 2.0
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
A powerful low- and hi-resolution. Hold and modify (ham) paint program, with overscan (NTSC/PAL) and special effects for the Amiga computer!
Photon Paint 2.0 takes painting to the next magnitude with more sophisticated operations and effects that any other program, including:
- Contour mapping drapes a brush over a 3-D "landscape". Pixel intensity values determine the peaks and valleys, while a specially developed ray-tracing algorithm maps the image precisely. Surface Mapping around 3-D objects, both geometric and fee hand drawn.
- Luminance, setting of light source, and intensity of light dependent shading.
- Shadowing automatically creates a shadow for drawn objects. Size and offset fully adjustable. More sophisticated brush operations, including twist, tilt, resize, flip, rotate, bend and adjustable transparency.
- Use a brush cut from a picture just like a pattern. Paint, fill, whatever!
- Stretch operation lets you pull each corner of a brush in any direction to any degree. Superb for "doctoring" digitized pictures. 64 Color Palette display allows the use of all 4096 colors.
- Multiple swap pages. As man as memory permits. A special animate command turns Photon Paint into a page flipper with definable rate and direction (ideal for slide show presentations). Save sets of pages as IFF-standard ANIM files for playback with other programs or Photon Paint 2.0.
Unique magnification window with variable sizing and scrolling in all four directions.
- Rub-Through copies pixels from the next swap page by "rubbing" through the current page.
- Pantograph duplicated the pixels from an offset area of the page as the pointer passes over them.
- Blend Mode, allows blending of a brush or shape with the background, and smooth dithered shading.
- Other drawing modes allow full manipulation and interaction of color values plus "colorization" capability.
- Fill Functions, including standard flood fill and boundary fill.
- Air Brush with definable spraying area.
- Fill Polygon.
- Polygonal Brush Cutter. Ability to crate palette color spreads using RGB and HSV functions. Or a gradient color spread with definable directions and dithering.
- Stencil Feature lets you define any shape on the screen as protected from other drawing operations.
Some of the other feature of Photon Paint include:
- Rapid access to separate foreground and background drawing sources and modes using the left and right mouse buttons.
- A wide range of controllable print parameters: Choice of Shades. Horizontal or Vertical Page Printing. Negative Printing. Anti-aliasing. Dithered Printing. Adjustable Brightness Threshold and Sizes.
- Cycle Draw cycles the colors of a brush in most drawing operations.
- Supports Colorfonts.
- Video Snapshot Mode hides all extraneous menus and pointers, leaving a ready-for-video picture on the screen. Compatible with most third party paint, animation, and presentation systems, including the Photon Video series of products.