Phantasie III Wrath Of Nikademus (PC, 5 1/4" Disk) Strategic Simulations, Inc. - 1988 USA, Canada Release
Phantasie III Wrath Of Nikademus
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Publisher(s)||Strategic Simulations, Inc.|
|Developer(s)||Winston Douglas Wood|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Role Playing|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The final confrontation against the Dark Lord!
Phantasie III: The Wrath of Nikademus is much more than a sequel to the bestselling Phantasie and Phantasie II. It is a fantasy adventure game far greater in scope, complexity, and challenge.
This time, the Dark Lord Nikademus has set his evil sights on conquering- not only an island- but the entire world!
He must be stopped, and you've been chosen to undertake this difficult and dangerous quest. Assemble and guide a band of six brave souls (human and otherwise) to search for and destroy Nikademus.
Your group will traverse an entire continent, battling the Dark Lord's ugly hordes and exploring dungeons for clues that will ultimately lead you to Nikademus- and to the Final Confrontation.
Travel to the astral Planes of Light and Darkness where you will meet some of the most powerful beings that inhabit the Phantasie Universe- including the legendary Lord Wood. From these encounters, you hope to gain the knowledge and power with which to destroy the Dark Lord.
This pivotal game boasts a number of new and improved features. Bows and arrows and ever more potent spells have been added to the long list of weapons. During combat, you can move each character to the front, middle, or back of the party. You can also aim your spells at different ranks of the enemy. You determine which skills an individual character should improve on as he gains experience. Wounds are specified by body location and extent of injury.
You'll enjoy the enhanced graphics display of characters and monsters, and the increased speed of play as you travel across the wilderness and dungeons.
If you've played either Phantasie or Phantasie II, you can use the same set of characters in this game. Of course, you are always free to create new characters.
Judges as either a sequel to one of the most successful fantasy series or as a complete game in its own right, The Wrath of Nikademus promises a spell-binding storyline with enough twists and turns to satisfy your wildest fantasies!
- Screen shows character statistics and map of the Wilderness. Your party is engaged in mortal combat with Mage and Lord Gnomes.
- In one of the many dungeons, your band is attacked by Giant Wasps.
- Assemble a party of one to six adventurers and explore an entire continent, dungeons, the Planes of Light and Darkness, and the Third Level of the Netherworld.
- Transfer your characters from Phantasie or Phantasie II, or create new heroes.
- Deal with the most powerful beings of the Phantasie Universe as your heroes gain the knowledge and power to defeat Nikademus.
- Battle over 80 different types of monsters and gain experience to improve specific abilities, or become ensured of a swift death!
Phantasie III was designed by Winston Douglas Wood, who also designed Phantasie and Phantasie II.
- Playing Time: 30 to 60 hours.
PC MS-DOS 2.1
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|
Included in the Following Collection(s)
- Phantasie Bonus Edition (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Wizardworks (722242420018) - 1990 USA, Canada Release
- Phantasie Bonus Edition (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Wizardworks (722242420155) - 1990 USA, Canada Release