Passion For Art, A (PC, CD-ROM) Corbis - 1995 USA, Canada Release
Passion For Art, A
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Renoir, Cezanne, Matisse and Dr. Barnes.
Explore the history and beauty of one of the greatest private art collections of the early 20th Century. Get an inside look at the creation and acquisition of works by Renoir, Cezanne, Matisse, and many other masters in the fabulous but seldom-seen Barnes Foundation.
Interactive documentaries, exquisite close-ups of the paintings, and a tour of the Foundation bring post-impressionism to life. Each facet of this engaging multimedia title, from its cinematic storytelling to its graphical timeline and visual index, is carefully researched and artfully produced. A fluid, elegant interface contributes to an unparalleled experience second only to a visit to the Foundation itself.
Revealed here in public for the first time are private papers and records documenting Dr. Barnes' controversial years of collecting and his personal relationships with famous artists such as Matisse. This CD-ROM is unrivaled for its multifaceted commentary, historical perspective, and learned evaluations of one of art's greatest movements.
Discover the greatest private collection of post-impressionist paintings.
- Tours of Barnes' life, his Foundation, and modern art are narrated by leading art scholars, and include historic photographs and audio.
- A walk through the gallery allows you to experience the scale and proportion of the masterpieces in this collection.
- Letters from Matisse and others provide rare insight into the world of Dr. Barnes.
A Passion for Art is a personal gallery tour of the greatest private collection of post-impressionist paintings. Art scholars are by your side providing valuable insight along the way. Move effortlessly through the rooms of the Barnes Foundation, across historic events and new artistic concepts, as you explore this fascinating gallery of startling alive works of art. Come in and meet Dr. Albert Barnes and discover what it really means to have A Passion For Art.
- Examine individual paintings in breathtaking detail. See the evolution of the artist's work through the decades. Read descriptive essays for greater insight.
- Cinematic storytelling brings to life Dr. Barnes' extraordinary passion for art.
- For the first time, the public can access important and significant documents thought destroyed years ago.
- The timeline presents the paintings in chronological order along with other significant developments of the period.
Cinematic storytelling brings to life Dr. Barnes' extraordinary passion for art and his desire to educate the public. Narration from prominent art experts involves you in the story behind the creation of some of this century's greatest works of art.
Walk through the Foundation, room by room, and experience the scale and proportion of the paintings in this collection. Click individual paintings to explore them in depth.
View paintings full screen. Zoom in and pan across detail, brushwork, and the artists' signatures. Learn about the artists and their work through accompanying text and audio essays.
The graphical timeline presents images of the paintings arranged chronologically, showing the evolution of the artists' work through the decades. Historic events complement the paintings, providing an understanding of the times in which they were created.
Published for the first time are selections from a long-lost archive. The newly discovered private papers of the Barnes Foundation were thought to have been destroyed decades ago. Rare and revealing documents from Matisse and other historical figures are included here.
PC Windows 3.1
|Required CD Speed||2X|
|Supported Video||SVGA 256 Color|