Passage To Vietnam (PC and Mac, CD-ROM) Against All Odds - 1996 USA, Canada Release
Passage To Vietnam
|Platform(s)||PC and Mac|
|Publisher(s)||Against All Odds|
|Category(s)||Reference, Travel, Asian Travel, Vietnam Travel|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
- New Media Invision Awards 1995 Best of Show.
- From the creator of From Alice to Ocean and the Day in the Life Book Series.
- Go on assignment with the world's top photographers.
You are invited...
to join me and 70 of the world's leading photojournalists on an extraordinary assignment: to create the most intimate portrait of Vietnam and its people to date.
The Vietnamese government granted us unprecedented permission to travel freely throughout this enigmatic country for seven days. As a result, we were able to capture unforgettable images of a nation and ancient culture in the midst of great change.
Through this interactive journey, I hope that you will not only come to know the people and stories behind these images, but also find yourself on your own passage of understanding about Vietnam today.
- Rick Smola
- More than 400 photographs by leading photojournalists from 14 countries.
- One hour of full-motion video.
- Interactive passages covering Vietnam's history and culture.
- Virtual Galleries showcasing the careers of well-known photojournalists with guided tours of their work.
- Videos of the photojournalists on assignment.
- Interactive photo-editing sessions.
- An interactive map of Vietnam that lets you view the pictures by location or photographer.
- Essays by renowned travel writer Pico Iyer, Pulitzer Prize winner Stanley Karnow and Peter Saidel of the Vietnam Investment Review.
- Traditional Vietnamese music throughout.
As part of a larger project that includes a Passage to Vietnam book and PBS television documentary, this CD-ROM represents a unique perspective only possible with multimedia.
- Discover a country whose beauty and soul are only now revealing themselves after decades of turmoil.
- An hour of full-motion video brings images to life and gives you an up-close view of Vietnamese culture.
- Take part in interactive photo-editing sessions with the picture editors of Time, Newsweek, Fortune and National Geographic.
- Tour Virtual Galleries of leading photojournalists and learn the stories behind the photos that made them famous.
- The Quebe, a compact and easy-to-use 3-D navigating tool, that magically revolves to take you everywhere you want to go on your passage to Vietnam.
PC Windows 3.1
|Required Audio||8-bit sound card|
|Supported Video||VGA 256 Color|
|Misc Support||Headphones or speakers|
Mac System 7.0
|Required CPU||Mac II|
|Supported Video||13" 256 Color|