PHM Pegasus (PC, 5 1/4" Disk) Electronic Arts - 1987 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Naval Simulation|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Fly on water. Not all Top Guns fly on air.
The Patrol Hydrofoil Missilecraft. Warship of the jet age. So agile, enemy radar mistakes it for a low-flying helicopter. So fast, the enemy has only minutes to react. So deadly, there is no second chance.
The need for speed...
Your search helicopter spots the Soviet-built Nanuchka missile corvette charging across the "Line of Death." You're foilborne and closing in at 50 knots. Guns blazing, you lock on and launch a Harpoon guided missile. Through the water spouts of his near misses, you see him explode in flames. Another mission accomplished.
A commanding simulation...
- Authentic speed and handling characteristics of three different NATO ally hydrofoils: US, Italian and Israeli.
- Advanced instrumentation and weapons systems include: 76mm water cooled naval gun, Harpoon and Gabriel guided missiles, rapid blooming chaff and radar indicator.
- 8 real-life missions in today's danger zones like the Persian Gulf, the Eastern Mediterranean and the Gulf of Sidra.
- Full control of search helicopters and convoy ships.
- On screen maps for operations planning and support placement.
- Time compression speeds action up to 128x normal.
- Life-like 3-D solid-fill color graphics.
- Comprehensive operations manual includes mission briefings and enemy vessel spotter cards.
- Technical consultant: PHM Commander Vern Salisbury, Chief, Hydrofoil Test Groups, Boeing Marine Systems.
PC MS-DOS 2.0
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|