Necklace, The (VIS, CD-ROM) Discis - 1992 USA, Canada Release
|Country of Origin||Canada|
Description from the packaging.
Read... Learn... Enjoy.
Step into an adventure in learning with Discis Books!
Would you like to gain a better understanding of the words you read? Whether you're studying this title for an English exam, struggling a bit with your reading, or learning English as a new language, Discis Books can help.
There award-winning, interactive books allow you to take things at your own pace; start slowly and speed up as you get better. With Discis Books, you are in control of your own learning; skim the surface for entertainment, or examine the story in depth.
Get a head start, get Discis Books and read, learn, and enjoy!
- Readers learning English can increase their vocabulary by clicking on pictures. Every object is named and you can choose to hear it spoken slowly and clearly so that you can listen to its proper pronunciation, or hear its Spanish equivalent.
- You can click for an in-context explanation or Spanish equivalent of every word in the book to help in your understanding of the story. You may want to hear a word spoken slowly and clearly to help perfect your pronunciation.
- You can easily change the features in a Discis Book to suit your individual needs. Slow down the reading rate, add another language, have words carefully pronounced in syllables... there are many options.
- Reading is so much easier when each phrase is highlighted as you listen to the book read along. This helps you follow and understand the story, and develop long-term reading skills.
- There are a variety of ways a Discis Book can be read, each one suitable for a different skill level. An on-line Questions and Commentary feature helps you to understand, in greater depth, the characters, the narrative point of view, the use of language, and why the author tells a story in a particular way.
- Move a marker up or down as a quick and easy way to move to another page.
- A Discis Book looks just like a conventional book with pages that turn. It's very simple and intuitive to use.
- Optional Spanish audio background.
The Necklace, by Guy Maupassant.