National Lampoon's Chess Maniac 5 Billion (PC, CD-ROM) Spectrum Holobyte (085004111426) - 1993 USA, Canada Release
National Lampoon's Chess Maniac 5 Billion
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Traditional, Chess|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Great minds invented chess- Warped minds invented Chess Maniac!
What happens when the studied seriousness of the grand game of chess meets up with National Lampoon's notorious brand of bizarre humor? Chess Maniac 5 Billion and 1! The perfect blend of twisted jokes and computer hacking combine to make the world's first humorous chess game.
…Than any other chess program.
The Chess Maniac can kick your butt… or you'll kick his.
Sure he plays real chess, from novice to master level. But that lunatic, the Chess Maniac will try anything it takes to win- distracting you with swimming sharks, coy cancan dancers, piddling pooches, and much, much more! He'll even cheat if you let him, so keep your eyes peeled! Hey, let's face it- the whole idea of chess isn't just to take your opponent's pieces, but to do it in the most humiliating way possible. That's why every capture is an exercise in hysterical horseplay.
Digitized video animators will sizzle your chips!
Live! Live! Live! Male and female models filmed and digitized for full motion video skits. Instead of those old boring chess pieces, play with Belly Dancers, Jesters, Wizards and the rest of their friends all on a rotatable 3-D chess board.
Feast your eyes on these features:
- Ten levels of real chess from beginner to advanced
- Extravagant 256-color VGA graphics- using high tech to serve mankind's lowest instincts
- 60 Outlandish ways for one piece to take another!
- Disgusting digitized sounds
- A manual so funny you might actually read it!
- Don't be surprised if you suddenly find an amply chested chess goddess coming on with all her best moves.
- A "boring" set those who can't take the excitement.
- 12 Actors, digitized into live-action video chess pieces, duke it out on a 3-D chess board.
Once upon a time, there was an eager, young, somewhat normal lab assistant named Paul. He was smart and worked very, very hard. One day Paul was exposed to the lure of chess and soon after became the blithering chess scum-bucket he is today. Now, all his time is spent visiting with his little chess friends. He'll play anytime; but be warned, the Chess Maniac will stop at nothing to win...
May not be suitable for Preteens, Televangelists or former Vice-Presidents.
Prenatal discretion advised.
PC MS-DOS 3.1