Microsoft Encarta (PC, CD-ROM) Microsoft - 1993 USA, Canada Release
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Where typical encyclopedias end, Microsoft Encarta multimedia encyclopedia begins. It brings learning to life with words, images, animations, and sounds that work together to create a fascinating universe of knowledge. Encarta sparks curiosity, opens the door to wonder, and starts a learning adventure that never ends.
Encarta presents a wealth of information in a way that's easy to understand and use. Just point and click to start your own learning adventure.
Use the category browser to skim thousands of topics, then click to see the article. From there, skim more articles on the same theme by just clicking a button.
The timeline helps you see how epochs, civilizations, and events relate to each other. When a subject interest you, just click it to access more information.
Just follow your interest. And learn like never before.
- Explore an unmatched interactive learning resource that blends the text from 29-volume 1992 Funk & Wagnall's New Encyclopedia; seven hours of sound; thousands of images, animations, and maps; interactive charts, timeline, and atlas; and even a knowledge adventure game for up to five players.
- Follow your curiosity, browsing by subject, place, time or alphabetical order, or simplify serious study with handy tools like the research wizard.
- Jump right in- Encarta is so easy to use, you and your family can put it to work right away.
Let the excitement of multimedia put the excitement back in learning.
- Gain a rich understanding of your subject- start with a national map, for instance, then point and click to hear samples of that country's music and language, scan articles about its history, and see photos of its people and places.
- Watch animations to see how things work- everything from the dance of the honeybee to the theory of relativity.
- Feast your ears on 350 jazz, classical, and world music segments, hundreds of bird and animal sounds, over 100 readings by authors, foreign language samples, nearly 5000 word pronunciations, and more.
- Use the resources in Encarta in your own reports- just click the copy button to copy text, graphics, and more into popular applications.
- Get updates that no yearbook can match- new material is seamlessly integrated throughout an entire new edition that's available annually.
PC Windows 3.1
|Required CD Speed||MPC|
VGA 256 Color