Microleague Baseball (Atari 8-Bit, 5 1/4" Disk) Microleague Multimedia Inc. - 1984 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Publisher(s)||Microleague Multimedia Inc.|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Sports, Baseball|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The ultimate major league strategy game for grandstand managers!
You are the manager of major league teams!
- Real players
- True-to-life performance and stats
- Over 20 teams, with all-star rosters
- Manage all time NL and AL greats
Manage real major league teams!
Any real teams can take the field in MLB. Choose American League or National League teams from the current season, or special, powerhouse favorites from previous seasons. You can manage any year's Al or NL All-Star lineup, or teams of AL or NL "superstar" players over the years- even your favorite players from various eras of any AL or NL team. Take the '84 Phillies, for example, and see how you do in managing them against any other current year team, or against the '27 Yanks (with Ruth, Gehrig and company).
(The MLB Game Diskette comes with 25 Major League teams- League champs, World Series winners, and All-Star teams. Other team diskettes are available so you can play MLB with any teams you want.)
MLB teams have 25 Major League players on each roster. Actual players perform just like they do in real life- hitting, running, fielding, and pitching. Players' stats are shown, and teams will play up to their potential- maybe even better if you manage them well. So, for current players Armas to Zahn, or former players Ashburn to Zernial- pick an MLB team roster and make your dugout fantasies come to life...
Features of MLB
- Not eye-hand coordination- MLB is a strategy game with superb graphics.
- For two players, each managing a Major League team, or play solo vs. the "Baseball Buddha" computer manager who handles the opposing team.
- Manage along with a current season pennant race.
- Who is the better team when you manage? Play superpower teams of the past, even against a current year team.
- "Save" a game and re-start it where you left off.
- As the MLB manager, what should you do?- 9th inning, tie score, runners on 1st and 3rd, 1 out-
- to get the run home, would you bunt, try a steal or hit and run?
- to cut off the run, would you bring the infield in, or play back for the double play?
- "Designated Hitter" option for all teams, depending on your baseball purity level.
- Play in one-half hour with all the realism of Major League Baseball.
MLB is the ultimate baseball strategy game which challenges your head, not your hand. You manage actual big league players- setting and changing lineups, choosing pinchhitters, bringing in a relief pitcher you think will do the job. You pick the spots for steal tries, bunts, a hit and run- all the real life offense and defensive strategies used by Major League managers.
No two MLB games are ever the same, since MLB is not a fixed replay of a game or season. It's your managerial strategies and "baseball savvy" which determine the outcome using actual major league players. Pacing the dugout won't work, for just like real managers you will have to make tough decisions before and during the game.
If you've ever second-guessed the lineups and strategies of your heart-throb team, if you've ever dreamed about being a Major League manager... then take the challenge of MicroLeague Baseball.
MicroLeague- The Complete System
You can obtain MicroLeague Team Disks for any current season (all 26 AL and NL teams on one disk), disks with the World Series teams of the '70s, '60s, All-Star rosters across decades- and "Franchise History" disks for any club. And with the General Manager/Owner's Disk, you can make trades, draft players, change rosters and stats as the season progresses- even create your own team.