King's Quest IV Perils Of Rosella (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Sierra - 1988 USA, Canada Release
King's Quest IV Perils Of Rosella
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Be prepared for a spectacular adventure, three times larger than any previous Sierra adventure, a landmark in computer gaming that transcends existing standards of computer graphics, sound and animation.
Powerfully dramatic, King's Quest IV evokes emotion like no other computer game with a unique combination of lifelike animated personalities, beautiful landscapes, and soul-stirring music. Sierra has recreated the universe of King's Quest, a world that one moment will pull at your heartstrings, the next moment place terror in your heart. Uniting the best programmers, artists, and musicians in the business, Sierra has created a constantly evolving universe where landscapes change from day to night, characters roam freely, and dramatic music interludes tantalize your emotions in a complicated tale of faith and mistrust. Your quest begins with a full-length cartoon and proceeds to plunge you into a fantasy world of mystery, intrigue and enough plot twists to confound even the most dedicated adventurer.
Embark upon a perilous journey into the darkest corners of the King's Quest universe. Not one, but many successful quests must be completed to save the royal family from a tragic destiny. With a surprise introduction and an equally unexpected conclusion, plot twists abound as you strive to discover the mysteries of a strange land, overcome its hostile inhabitants, and reveal the secrets hidden therein.
Roam the grounds at night and discover areas which remain hidden during daylight hours. Travel swiftly, as time is of the essence, and each moment brings the royal family closer to ruin.
- Over 3 megabytes of computer code: the largest computer game ever produced!
- A full-length cartoon introduction to the game (approximately 10 minutes running time).
- Complete day and night cycle.
- Several mini-quests to complete before the final quest can be finished.
- Supports keyboard, mouse and joystick.
- 40 Minutes of original music composed and performed by William Goldstein (Fame television series, Hello Again, a Touchstone film, Switched on Classics, a top record album).
- Many strange and unusual places await your arrival.
- Explore the countryside carefully (some things happen only at night!).
- Encounter characters from ancient folklore and legend.
Roberta Williams, designer of the King's Quest series, has sold more games than any other authoress in computer entertainment history.
PC MS-DOS 3.0
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|
Tandy 16 Color
Included in the Following Collection(s)
- Roberta Williams Anthology (PC, CD-ROM) Sierra - 1997 USA, Canada Release
- King's Quest Collector's Edition (PC, CD-ROM) Sierra - 1994 UK Release