Highway Trap (Apple II, 5 1/4" Disk) Ala Software - 1983 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Arcade, Racing, Automobile|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The engine roars as you shift the car into fifth. You look at the speedometer... 95 MPH. The tires scream as they strain to maintain traction against the harsh surface of Highway 1. You dodge the slower vehicles, and take desperate chances on hair-pin curves. You thrive on the high speed danger, the chance of instant destruction at any moment. Suddenly you see the flash of red and yellow lights, the wail of sirens distantly behind you. The Highway Patrol is on to you, and now it must be a race to the finish. Highway Trap... a game of relentless high speed drama.
1) The following will appear on screen:
- a red and blue Mustang automobile which you will control with joystick. Joystick also controls firing.
- black and white highway patrol cars.
- green trucks.
- purple or green econoboxes.
2) Your Mustang should shoot all police cars, and helicopters which enter after level 3, while driving on the road. 3) You must avoid civilian vehicles and highway patrol shooting. 4) Points won:
- 25 points—hitting patrol car
- 25 points—hitting helicopter
- 10 points—hitting truck or econobox
5) There are five skill levels.
Police fire from driver's side of window and move in legal traffic lanes.