Ghosts (PC, CD-ROM) Sony Electronic Publishing - 1995 USA, Canada Release
|Publisher(s)||Sony Electronic Publishing|
|Category(s)||Reference, Paranormal, Supernatural|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Sometimes fact is more frightening than fiction...
Do ghosts exist?
The question has fascinated mankind for centuries.
Dare you uncover the astonishing evidence for yourself?
Starring Christopher Lee.
Doctor Marcus Grimalkin (played by Christopher Lee) has devoted his life to the study of ghosts and paranormal occurrences. However, feeling he is still no closer to uncovering the truth, he decides to spend a weekend researching the evidence he has compiled. What better place to do this than Hobbs Manor, reputedly the world's most haunted house?
Dare you join Dr. Grimalkin and discover the answers for yourself? Help him uncover the truth about the paranormal- use the material you will find around the house to make up your own mind. Exploring the house will uncover objects which access factual content such as spirit photographs, poltergeist recordings and testimonials, dramatized ghost stories and real life experiences.
Although Dr. Grimalkin is a fictional character, all other contributors are real-life experts and witnesses. The investigations in Ghosts are not reconstructions, but genuine research into the phenomena.
At last, adventure gameplay and content-based multimedia meet head-on.
Ghosts- you've never seen anything like it!
- Starring Christopher Lee.
- Hobbs Manor. The world's most haunted house?
- You are free to fully explore this realistically rendered haunted house and uncover the mysteries held within.
- Search for the legendary Book of Hauntings, one of the most thorough records of well documented phenomena.
- Interview sceptics and believers, the hunters, and the haunted, all at the edge of reality where religion and science blur.
- Dramatic genuine evidence includes a poltergeist's voice captured on tape, photographs and testimonials.
- Christopher Lee narrates atmospherically illustrated reconstructions of legendary ghost stories.
- Free movement through a 3D rendered haunted house.
- Exclusive interviews with many of the world's leading parapsychologists and investigators.
- Includes spirit photographs, poltergeist recordings and testimonials.
- Extensively researcher historical information.
- Over 90 minutes of specially filmed video.
- Over 1,000 color photographs and illustrations.
- Specially made for CD-ROM, Ghosts offers much more than any book or tape conversion.
"It is good fun... a high-tech ghost story. Beat that Microsoft." - The Times.
"Stylish pictures and great storytelling work very effectively. Scaaaary!... Spine tingling effects." - CD-ROM Today.
"A well presented, intriguing and varied multimedia experience, with an added dimension in the form of Grimalkin's tasks." - CD-ROM Now.
"It's a combination of the show 'In Search Of...' and the interactivity and beautiful graphics of Myst." - Multimedia World.
PC Windows 3.1
|Supported Video||VGA 256 Color|