Geos (Apple II, 5 1/4" Disk) Berkeley Softworks - 1988 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The graphic environment operating system for Apple IIe, IIc
- Icon and menu file management (list, copy, open, print, delete, and more).
- ProDos file compatibility.
- View files in icon or text mode; sort by size, type, date, or alphabetically.
- Simultaneous support for 4 different disk devices (5 1/4", 3 1/2", hard, RAM).
- High-resolution graphics editor.
- 14 Different graphics tools.
- 32 Different brush shapes.
- 32 Different patterns.
- Zoom and preview modes.
- Create full page (8" x10") graphics.
- Import text from other word processors (AppleWorks, WordPerfect, MultiScribe, and others).
- Once imported into geoWrite, reformat, change fonts and styles, and add graphics.
- Full-featured word processing (cut, copy and paste text; left, right, full justification; ruler-based formatting; fully adjustable margins, search and replace; headers and footers; date and time stamping; auto page numbering; keyboard shortcuts; and more.
- "What You See Is What You Get" display.
- 11 Proportional fonts in a variety of sizes and styles (same bit images as the Mac).
- Mix text and graphics on the page.
- Integrates with geoMerge, a sophisticated mail merge and form letter generator.
- Dot matrix and LaserWriter printer support.
- Corrects misspelled words "in context".
- Create "personal" dictionaries for specialized vocabularies, add or delete words at any time.
- Handy utilities that "pop-up" when needed.
- Notepad, calculator, and alarm clock.
- Photo and text managers (scrapbooks for collecting images and text).
GEOS (Graphic Environment Operating System) opens up your Apple IIe and IIc to a new world of integrated and graphically oriented "Mac-like" applications. Easy-to-use icons, menus, and windows let the occasional or beginner feel right at home with the computer. For advanced users, an extensive array of features provides all the power and sophistication needed for any job. And with even more applications on the way, GEOS is just the beginning of a powerful new environment for Apple IIe/IIc owners.
Superior high-resolution output from dot matrix printers and the Apple LaserWriter.
|Required CPU||Apple IIe|