GFL Championship Football (Atari ST, 3 1/2" Disk) Gamestar - 1986 USA, Canada Release
GFL Championship Football
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Sports, Football|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
There's a lot more to football than X's and O's.
You haven't really experienced football until you've been down on the field with an outside linebacker headed straight for you and nobody blocking him.
There's a word for that experience.
The word is pain.
You haven't felt the real excitement of football until you've run the perfect pass pattern, broken free near the end zone, and caught the winning touchdown pass.
There's a reward for that kind of performance.
The reward is victory.
You haven't seen real computer football until you've seen GFL Championship Football. It has what no other computer football program has: in-the-helmet perspective to put you down on the field, where the action is.
Which is where you want to be if you're looking for real football.
X's and O's were never like this.
This is the computer football program throws all previous football programs for a loss. That's because GFL Championship Football brings a totally new perspective to the sport. No longer are you up in the stands, watching "the fleas on the left play the fleas on the right"-you're actually on the field, taking the hits and making the plays.
No other computer football simulation gives you the features of GFL Championship Football:
- In-the-helmet perspective puts you at ground level on the playing field.
- Scrolling-screen animation moves you up and down the playing field.
- Realistic sound effects let you hear everything from the quarterback barking out the count at the line of scrimmage to the sound of your footsteps as you run your plays.
- Play calling selections include dozens of different offensive plays and a dozen defensive alignments. All elements of the kicking game are also available- field goals, punting and kickoffs.
- Player options let you take on bone-crushing action against a friend, or go up against any of the 27 computer-controlled teams in the GFL.
Don't settle for anything less than real football. GFL Championship Football gives you 60 minutes of hard-hitting action no one else can match.
On the field. Where real football is played.
- In-the-helmet perspective puts you in the middle of the action.
- Timing is the key to an effective passing attack.
- Play calling screen gives the status of the game and lets you select from dozens of offensive plays and 12 defensive formations.