Flight Sim Toolkit (PC, 1.44MB 3 1/2" Disk) Spectrum Holobyte - 1993 USA, Canada Release
Flight Sim Toolkit
|Media||1.44MB 3.5" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Flight Simulator, Flight Simulator Tools|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
First-ever comprehensive flight modeling software.
Create your own planes, objects and battlefields!
The ultimate flight experience is the one you create- with Flight Sim Toolkit!
Flight Sim Toolkit (FST) is a revolutionary new product. For the first time, you can realize your dream of creating the ultimate flight sim. FST gives you the power to design every aspect of your sim world down to the finest detail- from cockpit instrumentation and aircraft aerodynamics to trees, trucks, mountains and skyscrapers.
The Windows interface makes the Toolkit a breeze to use while retaining the most advanced simulation tools available.
To jump start your sim creation, use the extensive clip-art library stocked with hundreds of aircraft, ground targets and detailed objects. Or, play the two flight sims included. You'll be streaking through the heavens in no time- and having more fun than you ever imagined!
FST isn't just another typical flight sim. It's your flight sim!
- FST includes hundreds of clip-art planes and terrain objects, plus two ready-to-play flight simulators: Top Gun and Private Pilot.
- Sophisticated, yet simple, 3-D flight model editors let you create and alter a variety of planes and objects such as an A-10 "Warthog," a football stadium, even Noah's Ark: in short, anything you can imagine!
- Design and fly your own aircraft, or modify any one of the hundreds included: from the Sopwith Camel to the B-2 bomber.
- Create hyper-accurate, real-life landscapes using United States Geological Survey digital terrain data. Or investigate the world of fractally generated landscapes using the built-in terrain editor.
- Object placement is at your discretion. You can actually place the Empire State Building smack in the middle of the Rocky Mountains!
- The Cockpit Editor places every instrument you need, anywhere you want it. You can even put a Heads-Up Display (HUD) in a P-51 Mustang!
- Use the built-in Color Editor to create snow-capped arctic peaks, sandy beaches, or to fly night missions under the light of a full moon.
- Create dozens of "what if" scenarios. Can a Sea Harrier armed with just 25 cannon rounds take out a Fokker tri-plane bristling with Sidewinders?
Create your own plane or use one of the dozens included: like this Stealth fighter.
Flight Model Editor
Customize your plane's properties as if you were in a computer simulated wind tunnel.
Design your cockpit and fill it with modern instrumentation like advanced radar displays.
Fill your world with land masses, mountains, rivers and oceans, as well as man-made structures.
Have a blast flying and fighting inside a world you have personally created with Flight Sim Toolkit!
"Flight Sim Toolkit may turn out to be the ultimate playground for sim enthusiasts." - Computer Gaming World
SVGA and VGA compatible!
To enjoy SVGA graphics, you need one of the following: a Windows S3-based accelerator card; an ATI Mach 8 or 32 card; or a VESA standard video card.
PC Windows 3.1