Fire Zone (PC, 3 1/2" Disk and 5 1/4" Disk) Datasoft/P.S.S. - 1988 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk and 5 1/4" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Ground Combat- 21st Century.
With the break up of the Superpower blocks, colonial wars ravage the world. The development of powerful beam weapons and defensive energy shields have revolutionized ground warfare giving a new lease of life to the concept of the Armored Fighting Vehicle.
Propulsion systems have advanced beyond recognition. The development of the GRAV engine means tanks can skim across a battlefield of todays helicopter gunships.
Firezone simulates this new style of combat. It can be played as a solo game against a tough computer opponent or as a two player game. The player can control either of the two main protagonists- the European League or the Pacific Combine- in any of the set scenarios. Victory is yours when the opposing forces are either wiped from the map or forced into mass retreat. Also incorporated is a scenario editor program allowing the player to design his own battles.
Firezone is a phased game and incorporates the latest in Artificial Intelligence techniques.
- Phased game.
- Highly intelligent computer opponent.
- 9 Pre-set missions on disk.
- Unique scenario generator.
- Hidden or open movement.
- 1 Or 2 players.
- Multiple terrain types.
- Hex based scrolling maps.
- Variable unit types including:
- Infantry: Team of foot soldiers in powered armor.
- Nova Gen: Heavy artillery on slow tracked platforms.
- Strider: Bipedal heavy fighting machine.
- Grav Tank: Fast lightly armored strike tank.
- Hev Tank: Main battle tanks, slow but well armored.
- Com Base: Static or tracked nerve center of the force.
- Leviathan: The ultimate killing machine.
PC MS-DOS 3.0
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|