Dragon Wars (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Interplay Productions - 1989 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Role Playing|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The designers of the Bard's Tale series, Wasteland, and Battle Chess pooled their talents to create the ultimate role-playing fantasy. They knew it had to be a first rate story with sophisticated graphics. The result was Dragon Wars.
Sailing across uncharted seas, you and your party are in search or a legendary paradise called Dilmun- a place where the streets are paved with gold and no one wants for anything.
However, King Drake of Phoebus has declared all magic illegal- magickers have been slain or fled into exile. In retaliation, enemy islands have threatened to unleash their guardian dragons, the most destructive force in the world. While docked at the harbor in Dilmun, you are arrested on suspicion of spellcasting.
Imprisoned and stripped of everything but your wits, you are sentenced to life in a cesspool called Purgatory. Magic is your only salvation- a worldly possession in a world possessed.
- Dragon Wars supports characters from Bard's Tale I, II, and III.
- Over 60 monsters and 65 spells.
- A unique combat system: choose complexity of combat resolution, determine spell strength, select tactics of ranged combat.
- An easy to use pop-up window system.
- Save the game anywhere.
- A paragraph book to enhance storytelling.
- No graph paper needed.
- Over 1 megabyte of animated state-of-the-art graphics.
- Leave the bread crumbs at home. Unique automapping keeps track of the terrain as well as your path.
- There's a whole world to explore in a colorful, detailed 3-D perspective.
PC MS-DOS 3.1
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|
Tandy 16 Color
|Misc Support||Blank disk|