Dive Bomber (PC, 5 1/4" Disk) Epyx - 1988 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Flight Simulator, World War II Flight Simulator|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
It's 1941. Perhaps the most critical point in World War II. The War's outcome could go either way.
You're the pilot of a World War II dive bomber armed with machine guns and torpedoes. They've sent you aboard the huge aircraft carrier, the HMS Ark Royal. With one mission in mind. Sink the most feared, most powerful German battleship on the high seas. The Bismarck.
Inside the cockpit, there are real time controls, gauges, and switches. Maybe you should take a few practice missions before undertaking your fateful flight to the Bismarck. Any good at reading maps?
Use your navigation map to monitor intelligence reports concerning enemy locations and to create your own "fight plan." You decide whether to rescue your aircraft carrier under siege, or proceed straight ahead for the Bismarck.
Feeling the pressure? Feel the beads of sweat pouring down your forehead? It's getting hot in that cockpit isn't it? Now's not the time to relax. Ready the guns. There are enemy U-boats, E-Boats, mine fields, and fighter planes bent on making fish food of you and the HMS Ark Royal.
But when the final moment of reckoning comes, and you've got the Bismarck dead-center in your sights, you'll know what to do. No, not turn off the computer. Fire one, laddie, fire one!
- A real-life torpedo bomber design puts you in the pilot seat on a mission to sink the feared German battleship, the Bismarck.
- Simulated take-offs, landings and enemy gun-fire.
- Fire from the cockpit or tail gunner position to shoot down relentless enemy fighters, deadly U-boats, E-Boats and mine fields.
- Monitor intelligence and "position reports" with your navigation map.
- Play individually or with a friend.
Dive Bomber. Another intensely fun game from U.S. Gold.
PC MS-DOS 3.1
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|
Tandy 16 Color