Dead Reckoning (PC, CD-ROM) Piranha Interactive Publishing - 1997 USA, Canada Release
|Publisher(s)||Piranha Interactive Publishing|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Is there a Hell in space?
A bolt of searing pain jolts you awake. You've been abducted by a dark force called the Master Race, and have been recruited to represent the human race in a universal deathmatch against a horde of sadistic aliens in strange and vast arenas. If you lose, the Earth will be destroyed and its inhabitants will become fodder for the Master Race.
- Full 3D acceleration card support. Software mode available.
- Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Pro support.
- 15 Totally unique cylindrical combat arenas.
- Artificial intelligence provides unlimited variation in game play.
- Select your wingmen, ships and opponents in custom game mode.
- Multi-player support with up to six players. Full DirectPlay support lets you play on Internet, LAN, modem or direct serial connections.
Dead Reckoning supports user add-on levels (Editor included).
Some of your friends.
Uses her cunning skills to collect pylons- Avoids outright fights.
A quick, mean and elusive fighter.
High-flying CIA agent posing as a supermodel.
French Quarter Killer
Chaotic, ruthless and homicidal.
Some of your enemies.
Aggressive, insane, and extremely dangerous.
Quasi-females that reproduce by ingesting their dead.
Devastating ground combatant- sneaks up from behind.
Your ultimate challenge is to be their plaything.
Arenas of Doom.
You'll meet your destiny in 15 huge cylindrical arenas. Each one thematically and graphically unique and progressively more challenging and terrifying than the last. These strange, spectacular and eerie environments are more like a carnival for the senses. They set the stage for you to confront your greatest fears and emerge triumphant.
- Dead Reckoning's advanced and optimized game engine produces lighting and sound effects that are so real, you'll swear you've really been abducted.
- The destructive power in your hands will make your fingers tremble and your body shake.
- The artificial intelligence as as real as the terror. Your wingmen don't need you. Unless you instruct them otherwise, they will choose and implement their own attack strategy, including all aspects of the battle.
Artificial intelligence. Real terror.
"The gameplay is very furious... intense gaming and sharp visuals all mixed into one" - Gaming Entertainment Monthly.
PC Windows 95
|Required CPU||Pentium 200|
|Required CD Speed||4X|
|Required Audio||DirectX 5.0 Compatible|
|Supported Video||SVGA Hi-Color|
DirectX 5.0 Compatible
3-D Accelerated Video
3Dfx Voodoo Graphics
|Supported Network||IPX/SPX 6 Player|
Modem 2 Player (28,800k bps or faster)
Null Modem 2 Player