D.A. Pursuit Of Justice (PC, CD-ROM) Alpha Software Corporation - 1997 USA, Canada Release
D.A. Pursuit Of Justice
|Publisher(s)||Alpha Software Corporation|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Career Simulation, Law|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The Defendants are guilty.
Now prove it.
3 Challenging cases.
- Grand Theft
D.A.: Pursuit of Justice
From the makers of the best seller Emergency Room!
3 Legal challenges.
DUI, Grand Theft, Murder.
You are the new, hot shot Assistant D.A. and the pressure is on. Three criminal cases with increasing levels of challenge, demand your immediate attention. Interrogate witnesses, analyze blood samples, order fingerprints, review police reports, study legal precedents and even participate in a police line up.
Gather the evidence as then organize your case for trial. Victor Blaine, the most ruthless defense lawyer in the city is your opponent, and he will fight you at every turn. You must be prepared. Know what to ask and when to object. Be ready to cite case law at sidebar, as you battle head to head in a realistic courtroom drama. If you do your job, the criminals go to the state penitentiary, and you're rewarded with a swift promotion. Mess up and the criminals are back on the street. It's up to you.
"Finally! A game for grown ups!" - Enter Media.
- Experience the most realistic legal simulation ever.
- Interact with over 50 characters.
- Enjoy 40-plus hours of game time.
- Immerse yourself in a movie-quality production.
- Fully-interactive and open-ended.
- 3 Challenging cases with increasing levels of difficulty.
- All the legal resources you need, including a comprehensive law library, crime lab, coroner's office, criminal records and crime scenes.
- Fun and educational.
- Approved for continuing education credits by the California Bar Association.
- Play in full motion, full screen color video.
- Over 40 hours of game time!
- Real court room setting complete with Hollywood actors playing witnesses, judge and jury!
- Prepare your case in the Case Constructor.
- Gather the evidence.
Your case load.
The Sunset Boulevard Deuce.
The defendant is charged with driving a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol. The cops call this a "Deuce," a 502. It seems like a straightforward case, but the defendant is hoping to get off by using an old war injury and a language barrier as his defense. You've got eyewitnesses, fingerprints and conflicting testimony... now it's up to you to keep him off the street.
The Gatsby Diamond Jewelry Theft.
The defendant is a charming co-ed with a nasty habit of taking things that belong to other people. This time it's a diamond necklace. Is it a case of mistaken identity, or the sordid story of a spoiled debutante? You've got fashion models, photographers and a family on the brink of disaster. You're the only one who can sort it out and see that justice is done.
The Rat Tattoo Murder.
A pool-room challenge turns from a friendly game of 9-ball into a dangerous skirmish between two rival gangs and you end up with a homicide case. Was Tommy Wu an innocent victim caught in the crossfire, or the calculated target of a cold-blooded killer? Murder weapons, secret motives, passionate testimony and a young life cut short. Expose the truth and put the murderer away for life.
You're the new kid on the block, but you're backed by the best in the business. You've got Frank Jarrett.
Frank Jarrett is the seasoned, thirteen year veteran of the LA District Attorney's office. An ex-marine, he's smart and tough. Luckily, he's on your side. Jarrett has brought convictions down on crime bosses, gang members and embezzlers. He insists on a well-organized plan of attack. In fact, he developed the Case Constructor you'll use to prepare your case. Jarrett is your mentor and will help you organize your case, but you better come to his office prepared. He has no time for amateurs.
Victor Blaine trained for his job roughing up smaller kids at the bus stop. Possessed with the sharp intellect of a legal genius and the tenacity of a pitbull, Blaine is the top dog at his own law firm. He's got an iron-clad understanding of case law and an uncanny ability to find the holes in any case. He's looking forward to showing you that this is the big time.
D.A. Pursuit of Justice is fun and educational!
- Electronic versions of the U.S. Constitution, the California Constitution, the California Evidence Code, and more, all with hypertext links and pop-up glossary terms.
- Articles from the U.S. Department of Justice of Crime Statistics.
- Database of legal information covering a wide range of topics from a legal calendar to search and seizure issues.
- Legal Pursuit: A question and answer style legal trivia game (within the game) with hundreds of legal facts.
- The ability to collect physical evidence, eyewitness testimony and lab tests to build the case.
- Opening and closing statements based on your preparation of the cases.
- A 2,000-word legal glossary.
Legacy Software is the award-winning producer of interactive entertainment products and creator of the RealPlay series of real life simulations.
"Budding Perry Mason's should enjoy this realistic and detailed full-motion video courtroom drama." - PC Gamer.
"D.A.- Pursuit of Justice is both compelling and entertaining." - HomePC.
"You don't need a law degree to play D.A. Pursuit of Justice, but by the time the verdict comes in, you'll feel like you've earned one." - Ira Reiner, former District Attorney for Los Angeles County.
As the Assistant D.A., you must:
- Prove that a crime was committed.
- Convince the jury that the defendant committed the crime.
- Formulate legally appropriate questions for direct examination and cross-examination of witnesses.
- Decide when to object to legally inappropriate questions.
- Select relevant legal precedents to overrule defense objections.
PC Windows 95
|Required CPU||Pentium 75|
|Req. Hard Drive||15MB Free|
|Required CD Speed||4X|
|Required Audio||16-bit sound card|
|Supported Video||SVGA Hi-Color|