Crime Wave (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Slash - 1992 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
A powerful crime syndicate has taken over large areas of out major cities, turning them into vast criminal wastelands. Arson, extortion, drug distribution and now... terrorist abduction! You've just learned they've taken the President's daughter and are holding her and the country hostage.
You've had a gutfull! Your purpose: To wipe out this criminal organization and rescue the President's daughter. Even with the most sophisticated assault technology available, it won't be easy. Can you save the country from this sinister infestation?
- Sleazy low-lifes kidnap the President's daughter.
- Will you save the President's daughter in time?
- Use the Interplex 7000 Computer for access to all law enforcement agency files.
Crime Wave features:
- Breathtaking 256 color VGA/MCGA graphics.
- Incredible digitized "Motion Graphics (featuring real actors and models).
- RealSound digitized sound (no hardware required).
- Intense arcade action.
- Unique three dimensional scrolling playfields.
- Tremendous depth and playability.
Original concept and game design by Bryan Brandenburg and Bruce Johnson.
PC MS-DOS 3.1
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|
|Req. Hard Drive||1.2MB Free|
|Rec. Hard Drive||2.9|
Tandy 16 Color
The Slash version includes an envelope containing the manual, an 'Action Scene Keyboard Controls' insert, four 3 1/2" disks and may or may not include a Slash registration card. The Slash version can be distinguished from the original Access Software version by these characteristics:
- The Access Software version comes in a folding box; the Slash version comes in a setup box.
- The Access Software version has a system requirements label on the the lower left front corner of the box wrapping to the left spine of the box. The Slash version has the label printed directly on the box. The Slash version also has '3.5" DISK' printed in a white box to the right of the system requirements.
- The quality of the contents inside the Slash package are of lower quality than the original Access Software release.
- The disk labels on the Slash version are printed on a dot matrix printer
- The Slash manual is on plain paper