Chessmaster 2100 (C64, 5 1/4" Disk) Software Toolworks - 1990 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Traditional, Chess|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The best just got even better!
First we took The Chessmaster 2000 and added 10 man-years of work by our programmers and graphic artists...
Then we supercharged its brain with the latest, most powerful, chess-playing technology direct from the laboratories of Fidelity Electronics - the foremost manufacturer of dedicated chess computers - developers of the world's Only USCF Certified Master-Rated (2325) Chess Program!!!
The resulting triumph contains every feature that skyrocketed "2000" to the top of the charts! Stunning 2-D and 3-D graphics, a mammoth opening library (now expanded to over 150,000 positions), "Hint", "Teaching" and "Show Best Variation" modes, and levels and styles of play from "Newcomer" to "Grandmaster".
Plus...The Chessmaster 2100 boasts even stronger and more varied play with unlimited game levels (from an "easier easy" to a "tougher tough")...triple the number of features, more and different Classic Games and greater in-depth analysis. The special "War Room" mode even allows you to view the Board, Move List, Captured Pieces, Clocks and The Fidelity Chessmaster 2100 "Show Thinking" window all at the same time!
- On-Screen Menu-Driven Easy-To-Use Features.
- Unlimited levels of play from Newcomer to Grandmaster.
- Select and Easier Mode between levels.
- In "Teach" mode, The Chessmaster shows legal moves or pieces threatened by capture.
- Let The Chessmaster suggest a move for you in "Hint" mode.
- Take Back and Replay moves.
- Change sides at any time.
- 2-D, 3-D and "War Room" board designs.
- On-Screen Chess Clocks.
- Learn by selecting the "Watch The Chessmaster Think" mode.
- Save and print all game in progress.
- Replay an entire game, with The Chessmaster analyzing it.
- Solve "The Chessmaster's Brainteasers" or set up your own.
- 110 Classic Games with on-screen game commentary. Learn from history's masters.
- Complete, illustrated booklet with tutorial by the USCF.
- Add your own piece sets using poplar paint programs.
- Enormous opening moves library (over 150,000 positions).
- Select time per move, time per game, moves per minute, equal time, minutes per game or tournament time controls.
- The strongest chess play in the world! (also the weakest for beginners playing "Newcomer" mode.)
- On-screen graphic chess tutorial teaches you how to play (and win!) chess.
- Graphically turn the board 90 degrees to view every angle.
- Enter moves by keyboard in all major notations.
- Joystick, Mouse or Keyboard control- your choice!
- Save and/or print games.
- Watch and learn as The Chessmaster plays both sides of a game.
- Let the Chessmaster referee your play in "Two People" mode.
- Study by replaying games for "The Classic Games Library".
- Challenge The Chessmaster to an exciting "Blitz" (or active) game.
- Play "Blindfold" chess.
- Listen as The Chessmaster actually speaks its moves!
- Get instant help on any aspect of the game with just one keystroke.
- The Chessmaster recognizes and announces your opening.
- The "Rate My Play" feature measures your playing strength.
(Note: Some of these Features are hardware dependent and not available on all computers.)