Checkmate (Amiga, 3 1/2" Disk) Interplay Productions - 1990 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Traditional, Chess|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The Final Word In Chess. "Look no further for the best Amiga chess program."
Checkmate is the most powerful and versatile chess program on the market with state-of-the-art graphics, a highly intuitive user interface, and the widest range of features found on any micro-computer chess program, many of which have never before been implemented on a personal computer. Checkmate's many features include:
- Infinite play levels in any of four separate modes.
- Select levels by time per move.
- Choose a different level during play.
- Special "easy" levels for beginners.
- World's strongest chess play (and weakest for beginners).
- Take back and replay move.
- Change sides anytime.
- See how Checkmate would play your move.
- Save/Load/Print Games.
- Replay entire game.
- Checkmate will predict your next more and then use your time to think.
- Play solo, face-to-face, or watch and learn as Checkmate plays against itself.
- Massive opening library of over 300,000 moves.
- Choose opening line by strength, popularity or randomness.
- Force particular opening line to be played.
- Select named Classical or Modern opening line.
- Checkmate recognizes and announces openings by name.
- Learns as it plays by adding strong opening moves to its library.
- Extend opening library by adding your own openings.
Easy to use
- Menu driven with intuitive hot keys.
- Simple move entry by mouse or keyboard.
- Unique intuitive move entry by single mouse click as Checkmate predicts your next move.
- 2D and 3D views.
- View the board from any direction.
- Rotate the board through any angle.
- Preferences file to save your selected options.
- Special information screen packed with:
- Chess clocks
- Move list
- Best line of play
- Current move
- Playing time for each move.
- Chess clocks
- Powerful "What If?" feature allows you to investigate Checkmate's thought process.
- Set drawn game desirability to give a playing style ranging from speculative to safe.
- Alter and set up any position.
- Solve Checkmate's test positions and thus rate your play on the international ELO scale.
- State-of-the-art transposition table gives computers with 1 Megabyte or more of memory even greater strength.
Amiga Kickstart 1.2
|Misc Support||Blank disk|