Celtic Tales Balor Of The Evil Eye (PC, CD-ROM) Koei - 1995 USA, Canada Release
Celtic Tales Balor Of The Evil Eye
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Role Playing|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
A great tale has just begun...
Long ago, in the days when Ireland was far removed from the mainland civilizations of Europe, the early Celtic tribes were locked in a bitter war with the Other World. The tribes of Eire were joined as one people, the Tuatha de Danann. Their Other World enemies, who lurked offshore of the island were known as Fomors- their powerful leader, Balor of the Evil Eye.
Enter Celtic Tales amidst the turbulent struggle to save the tribes of Eire from Balor's evil. Tired and broken, your people have little left to give to the struggle. Regarded as an intruder, your task is to rebuild the land, strengthen the tribes and become High Ruler of Eire. Then with your trusting champions, you must seek out the magical Runes, some of which are locked in Balor's grasp. Once in your possession, the Runes will empower your Bards and Druids with the magic needed to force the Fomors back to the Other World!
- Battle enemies of the Other World to become High Ruler.
- Consult the Tribal Council on war strategy.
- Create weapons of war to defeat your enemies.
- Play 1 of 8 characters from the tales: including the war goddess Medb and the champion Finn.
- Experiment with Rune magic, procure new runes and expand your magical powers.
- Recruit Bards, Druids and Warriors to assist you in your quest.
- Align the tribes to your direction in a quest to become High Ruler.
- Take part in a Tribal Council to learn of Balor's movements.
- Conduct cattle raids on neighboring provinces and use them as barter for valuable items.
- All commands are animated throughout your turn.
- 1 to 4 player excitement.
PC MS-DOS 5.0