Breach 3 (PC, CD-ROM) Impressions - 1995 USA, Canada Release
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
They've declared war.
Now it's your turn to fight back!
Experience the ultimate in futuristic squad-level combat! In this sequel to the immensely popular Breach 2, you are the Squad Leader of an elite marine corps battling hostile aliens, hunter-killer robots and enemy marauders. Your marines rely on your courage and insight to direct their missions. From rescue-and-support to seek-and-destroy, it's up to you to get the job done. Each marine has a unique personality that determines how far he'll really go for you, so give your orders carefully!
Whether you are an old hand or completely new to the series, Breach 3 is easy to play yet challenging to master. New state-of-the-art features include a control system that combines the best of turn-based and real-time gaming, letting you stop automatically at crucial events. When a marine confronts an enemy, you can take the time to assess, plan and give orders at your leisure. Both sides move and fire at once, adding suspense and realism.
Of course, the best elements of Breach 2 remain: the scenario builder and the flexibility to play either short missions or longer campaigns. Combine these with new features like tree-structured campaigns and a campaign builder, and Breach 3 sets new standards in playability!
- Speech and great sound effects.
- Extremely user-friendly control system.
- Powerful mission builder and campaign builder.
- Exceptional artificial intelligence.
- Choose from 34 weapons and equipment types.
- 16 different opponents.
- Wide variety of terrain.
- Up to 5 levels of missions.
- Spectacular 3-D rendered animations.
The latest module in Omnitrend's Interlocking Game System (IGS), Breach 3 can interconnect with Impressions' Rules Of Engagement 2. Experience gained in both games is transferred to your character's service record, and Squad Leaders and Fleet Commanders from previous games can be carried over.
- Pinned down by enemy fire? Stop the action at any time to make new tactical decisions.
- Fight through all the exciting missions, or create your own with an automated campaign builder.
- Experience from each mission will make your squad leader rougher, tougher and a better shot!
- Animated sequences set the scene for action in the Federated Worlds!
PC MS-DOS 3.31
|Recommend CD Speed||2X|
MPU-401 General MIDI