Blockout (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Slash - 1992 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Easy to play, difficult to master, impossible to quit.
Sit back and get comfortable before you open the Blockout box. You might not be moving from your computer for a while, because once you start in with the 3-D blocks, you'll be hooked.
You'll begin with the playing pit, a 3-D enclosure with length, width and depth that you can set. During the game, various 3-D blocks will fall into the pit. Your job is to rotate and maneuver each of them into the proper position in order to form complete layers. As each layer is completed, it vanishes, giving you more points and more room to work.
Blockout will challenge your reflexes and your resolve in a test of coordination and quick thinking. But the greatest challenge of all will be keeping yourself from playing it again and again.
- Close to 1,000 possible combinations of pits and block sets.
- Pause mode.
- Animated help screen.
- Save feature to store your favorite customized setup.
- Practice mode.
- Unique 3-D perspective.
- Top ten list recorded for each setup.
With a 3 x 3 x 10 pit and the basic block set, 3-D mania is one of the most addictive setups.
Feeling adventurous? Try playing with a bigger pit and the extended block set.
PC MS-DOS 2.0
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|
Tandy 16 Color
The Slash version includes the manual, one 3 1/2" disk and may or may not include a Slash registration card. The Slash version can be distinguished from the original California Dreams version by these characteristics:
- Both versions comes in the California Dreams printed setup box.
- The California Dreams version has a system requirements label on the the lower left front corner of the box wrapping to the left spine of the box. The Slash version has a small laser printed system requirements label in the front lower left corner of the box.
- The quality of the contents inside the Slash package are of lower quality than the original California Dreams release.
- The Slash manual is on plain paper