Block Buster (Atari 8-Bit, 5 1/4" Disk) Quality Software - 1982 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Developer(s)||Alan Griesemer and Stephen Bradshaw|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
BLOCK BUSTER is a computer program that can help you solve that famous cube puzzle. BLOCK BUSTER significantly extends the capabilities of physical cubes because it adds these features:
- You can see all six sides of the cube at once, thanks to BLOCK BUSTER's "exploded view".
- Your moves are recorded in a special notation, allowing you to document and repeat a successful series of moves.
- You can program a sequence of moves which can then be invoked by a single command.
- You can instantly reset the cube to its solved state at any time.
- You can ask the computer to finish solving the cube tor you.
- You can set up a specific cube pattern.
- The computer keeps track of the time and the number of moves it takes you to solve the cube.
BLOCK BUSTER allows you to manipulate the cube using either a paddle controller or the keyboard. Join with your friends In solving the cube or get a competition going. Competitions are easy because the cube can always be preset to the same "scrambled" position, and the computer keeps track of the elapsed time.
BLOCK BUSTER comes with substantial documentation, over half of which is devoted to cube solving theory- explaining how the computer goes about solving the cube.
BLOCK BUSTER is not just a game. It is also an exercise in logical problem solving. But the programmers have combined their problem solving expertise with a delightful use of the Atari's sound and color graphics, resulting In a program that will fascinate everyone!