Battle Chess 4000 (PC, 1.2MB 5 1/4" Disk) Interplay Productions - 1992 USA, Canada Release
Battle Chess 4000
|Media||1.2MB 5.25 Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Traditional, Chess|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Welcome to the chess game of tomorrow.
Yesteryears classic is now a game for all ages in Battle Chess 4000. In this box, you'll find that the traditional chess game has rushed headlong in to the future.
Moving across a translucent chess board set in a futuristic, deep space station, chess pieces become space age characters, created from state-of-the-art, digitized clay models. And the moves they make will keep you in stitches.
A swashbuckling space captain forgoes his blaster to wield a lightsaber at your mad scientist. Then, a robot rushes in to tickle the mad scientist to death... and all you can say is "check"?
But for all its humor, Battle Chess 4000 is one of the strongest and most versatile chess programs on the market. With a massive opening library of more than 300,000 moves, Battle Chess 4000 can handle any level of opponent. And it learns as it plays by constantly adding strong moves to its database.
Battle Chess 4000 features include:
- Opening library of over 300,000 moves.
- Learns as it plays.
- Infinite levels of play from beginner to grandmaster.
- Built in chess clock.
- Take back and replay moves, or try what if scenario.
- Choice of opening lines of play.
- 2D and 3D modes.
- State-of-the-art animation from digitized clay models.
- Special SVGA version available with 640 x 480 256 color graphics.
- Play solo, face to face or watch and learn as Battle Chess 4000 plays itself.
- Over 12 megabytes of graphics and sound in SVGA.
- Replay entire game.
- Recognizes and announces openings by name.
PC MS-DOS 3.1
|Required CPU||AT 286|
|Conventional RAM||565K Free|
|Supported Video||VGA 256 Color|