Avalon (PC and Mac, CD-ROM) Walnut Creek - 1995 USA, Canada Release
|Platform(s)||PC and Mac|
|Category(s)||Graphics, Clip Art, 3-D Clip Art|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Avalon is the popular 3-D Internet archive site at ftp.cdrom.com, formerly at chinalake.navy.mil
Get demo and trial versions of commercial software including:
- Bubble3D v2.0 Demo.
- Real3D, Windows-based graphics/animation package.
- Real Light2.1, complete demo package.
- Caligari's TrueSpace, a functional demo.
- Vector Reality Version 1.1 and Version 1.2.
- Softimage demos.
- Morph packages.
- Renderer packages.
- Computer graphics resource listing.
Enjoy lots of resources for graphics programmers and artists including:
- Hundreds of texture images and 3-D objects (These files are in Macintosh and PC format and for many of them, you need your own object viewer).
- File format information and conversion utilities.
- Programmer's guide to object formats, including Drawing Interchange and File, Wavefront .obj, OFF, POL 3D (PostScript), Imagine 2.0, Neutral File Format, 3D Studio, Chunk Type 18 (FLI_PSTAMP), Animation Pro Cel Files.
- Source code and tools for 3-D wireframe graphics, both in binary and C source forms.
- Applications and programs, including POV Raytracer.
- Radiance models.
- Strata StudioPro models.
- Video card hardware programming source code and techniques.
- Frequently asked questions and answers.
Included graphic formats:
- 3D Studio
- Alias Sketch
- AutoCAD dxf
- DKB Raytracer
- Extended NFF
- SGI Inventor
- Wavefront Objects and Textures
- Povray v.2.2
- Amiga LightWave
- Povray v2.2 Scene
- Neutral File Format (used by SPD).
- Neutral File Format (used by WTK).
- NURBS (spline surfaces).
- Many more!
PC MS-DOS 3.1
|Required CPU||AT 286|
Mac System 6.0.7
|Required CPU||Mac II|