Atomic Files, The (PC, CD-ROM) L3 Interactive - 1996 USA, Canada Release
Atomic Files, The
|Reference, Science Reference, Science History, Nuclear Energy History
|Country of Origin
|United States of America
Description from the packaging.
Journey from the dawn of the nuclear age to the brink of destruction and beyond.
Explore the landmark events that changed the face of history.
Embark on a breathtaking odyssey into the past that will forever change the way you look at the future. The Atomic Files presents the compelling history of the Nuclear Age and the scientific, cultural, and psychological thresholds that have come to represent this controversial era in human evolution.
This innovative CD-ROM evokes emotion and human interaction through insight and education, shedding new light on a turbulent era. It is an inspirational multimedia experience for every generation.
Access to this wealth of information is at your fingertips with the powerful Learning Cube interface. Presented in 3-D animation, with stunning graphics and an epic music soundtrack, over 40 minutes of video complete with dynamic linking to an extensive hypertext library, Time Machine, interactive Action Islands, clickable Video Explorer, and a special web directory that provides resourceful atomic-related links to the Internet.
- The political pressures that fueled world war.
- Propaganda campaigns that influenced warring nations.
- Pop culture's wartime fever, as seen in movies, radio, music, comics, etc.
- The fascinating story of the legendary Manhattan Project.
- A Hiroshima survivor's haunting personal experience of the bombing.
- Exclusive footage from the groundbreaking Japanese film, "Barefoot Gen."
- Rare interview footage with Edward Teller, "father of the hydrogen bomb."
PC Windows 3.1
|Required CD Speed
|16-bit sound card
|VGA 256 Color