Armor Command (PC, CD-ROM) Panasonic Interactive Media - 1998 USA, Canada Release
|Publisher(s)||Panasonic Interactive Media|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Supreme strategy. Absolute action.
More strategy, more action, full 3D.
- Two full-scale campaigns with training missions for a total of 44 missions and over 60 hours of gameplay.
Caustic worlds to conquer.
- Brave harsh terrain conditions, including weather, lava, ice, desert and acid while extracting rich resources from lost planets in this volatile 3D universe.
Construct vehicles, structures and aerial forces.
- Utilize precious minerals to build a variety of vehicles and buildings: Scouts, Light and Heavy Tanks, Missile Launchers, Helicopters, Bomber Jets, Landing Pads, Mining Tugs, Radar Buildings, Air Transports and more.
- Upgrade shields, armor, speed, stealth, repair, new weapons, and firing speeds/damage.
Extensible 3D card support.
- Supports all major 3D accelerator boards to their fullest.
This is the final battle between Earth's protective forces and a maniacal alien civilization...
In a race to locate the powerful ancient technologies that could mean Earth's salvation or destruction, you'll follow the chain of planets through the resource rich nebula, commanding your ground forces as they collect the vital raw materials that will stop this high-tech war from getting out of hand.
Pit yourself against either side: the bloodthirsty Vrass Forces, the lawless alien mercenaries who pride themselves on enslaving inferior races via their sophisticated nanite technology; or Earth's patriotic humanoid army solely responsible for galactic peacekeeping- The United Terran Space Forces.
- Multiple Views.
- Multiple Sides.
- Full 3D.
- Intuitive Interface.
- Intelligent Warfare.
A new brand of information warfare.
- A satellite link and a realistic, active 360 degree radar system allow you to instantly assess the enemy's position. So sophisticated we call it "Intelligent Warfare."
A revolutionary intuitive interface.
- Select, navigate and target vehicles and groups with a mouse click.
- Reprogram your troops on the fly without superseding your initial commands.
- Launch cluster assaults in packs up to 8 units simultaneously.
Microsoft DirectPlay network support.
- Vie for Intergalactic supremacy with up to 4 players over modem, LAN or the Internet.
- In-your-face third person perspective immerses you into the action.
- Top-down view allows you to strategically command at a glance.
- Zoom, pan and 360 degree rotational perspective allow you to view the battlefield from any angle.
- Fully rendered 3D terrain and vehicles.
- Choose the team you are willing to fight and die for- Terran or Vrass.
"Armor Command Boasts an intriguing blend of 3D action and real-time strategy." - PC Games Magazine.
"...a thrilling ride from start to finish." - GamePen/UGO Network.
"The graphics alone will knock your socks off!" - PC Multimedia & Entertainment Magazine.
PC Windows 95
|Required CPU||Pentium 166|
|Req. Hard Drive||30MB Free|
|Required CD Speed||4X|
|Recommend CD Speed||8X|
|Required Audio||DirectX 5.0 Compatible|
|Supported Video||SVGA Hi-Color|
3-D Accelerated Video
3Dfx Voodoo Graphics
|Supported Network||IPX/SPX 4 Player|
Internet 4 Player
Modem 2 Player (14,400k bps or faster)
Null Modem 2 Player
TCP/IP 4 Player