Alf's World of Words (PC and Apple II, 5 1/4" Disk) Vision Software - 1988 USA, Canada Release
From Eli's Software Encyclopedia
Alf's World of Words
|Platform(s)||PC and Apple II|
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Category(s)||Education, Language, English, English Vocabulary|
|Recommended age(s)||Ages 6 and up|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
- Explore the fascinating and exciting World of Words with Alf! Alf will help you 'Alf'-abetize his special lists of words and even create new compound words! Alf and you will have a world of fun!
- Alf's World of Words contains three educational games for children ages six and up. A special section is also provided for parents and teachers, outlining the information presented in the lessons.
- Lesson One: Melmac, Cats, Pizza! Alf needs your help in 'Alf'-abetizing his favorite Melmacian words! Can you put the list of words in alphabetical order? Three levels of difficulty are provided.
- Lesson Two: Catnap, catfish...what do these words have in common? Besides mentioning Alf's favorite pet, they are both compound words! Alf will provide several lists of words for your child to create their own compound words. The compound word will come together when the answer is correct! Three levels of difficulty are provided.
- Lesson Three: When does comfort become uncomfortable- when adding a suffix and a prefix! In this lesson, Alf will help your child add prefixes and suffixes to words. Three levels of difficulty are provided.
- Special note to parents and teachers:
These lessons are designed so children can run on their own. If upervision is desired, short descriptions as well as suggestions are given to provide additional assistance.
PC MS-DOS 2.0
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|