Air Force Commander (PC, 3 1/2" Disk and 5 1/4" Disk) Impressions - 1992 USA, Canada Release
Air Force Commander
|Media||3 1/2" Disk and 5 1/4" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Flight Simulator|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Command an entire air force in this sophisticated simulation of modern warfare.
The heat is on, and now the eyes of the world watch your every move. They finally broke the ultimatum and dragged the rest of us into war. The general's plan is basically to bomb them out from the air, and as Force Commander, it's down to me to get the job done. He seems to have forgotten about their Mig 29s! I guess the buck stops here.
You are the Air Force Commander in this strategy simulation of air warfare. You must deploy your squadrons at the right base, then give each squadron combat missions to take out the enemy's offensive capability. As well as Falcons, Tornadoes and other planes, you also have attack helicopters and missiles (offensive and defensive) at your disposal. Your objective - air supremacy.
Success will require able military planning, efficient resource management, and the steel nerve to take risks. You will need to use several different maps (satellite, radar and overall geographical) to cover the huge area, at the maximum scale, the playing area is in excess of a huge 120 feet by 70 feet! Other aircraft featured in Air Force Commander include F117 Stealth Fighter, Mig 21, B52, A10 Warthog, and AWAC.
Air Force Commander is a great new type of simulation, but Air Force Commander is far more than just a game; it is an expandable system, and is supplied with a Middle East War module with 28 scenarios including the Persian Gulf War, the Iran/Iraq war, and the 1973 Yom Kippur War. A second module covering WW2 will be available separately.
The decisions are tough, and the stakes are high. Do you have what it takes to win an air war?
- 28 modern Middle East scenarios.
- Wide variety of modern planes and missiles.
- Satellite, radar & geographical maps.
- Great new combination of strategic command & resource management.
- 256 color VGA graphics.
- Easy to use point and click interface.
- Expandable game system.
- Absorbing real time gameplay.
- Use advanced radar to plan combat missions.
- Watch planes execute missions on the satellite map.
- Ordering a Falcon to intercept hostiles is as easy as point and click!
- Several charts help you maintain an overview for your own and your enemy's progress.
- Select a squadron from this base for your next wave of attack.
PC MS-DOS 2.0
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|
Included in the Following Collection(s)