Afterlife (Mac, CD-ROM) LucasArts Entertainment - 1996 USA, Canada Release
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The last word in sims.
by Michael Stemmle
Telling People Where to Go is Just the Beginning.
Welcome to Afterlife, the world-building simulation that lets you create the hereafter in the here and now. Possessed of an unearthly sense of humor, it all begins in a god-knows-where galaxy. As a "regional spiritual director" your task, given to you by the Powers That Be, is to develop two prime planes of "unreal estate" - heaven and hell- simultaneously. Keep billions of souls happy by giving them the rewards and punishments they deserve.
The wages of sim are plentiful.
Open up your afterlife with the Pearly Gates of Heaven of the Fiery Gates of Hell, zone for the Seven Deadly Sins and/or their respective Virtues. Then lay down some roads. Soon, the dearly departed arrive in droves. Keep them in your afterlife and you flourish. Lose too many along the way and it may mean a visit from the Four Surfers of the Apoclypso (not a good time).
Factor in a half-dozen or so supernatural disasters (not including total annihilation), money problems, and headaches from the planet and you're in for infinite hours of gameplay. Afterlife includes over 200 artistically rendered rewards and punishments, nearly 300 detailed tiles and buildings, more maps, graphs and charts than you can shake a pitchfork at, plus the most sophisticated engine of any sim game beginning with the letter A.
- Build and manage two planes, heaven and hell, simultaneously.
- Jasper and Aria keep you on top of your successes and failures.
- Rewards and punishments include Eternal Afternoon, Tooth or Dare and Dreamadise.
- Soulview follows the highs and lows of individual souls.
- Losing too many souls means a visit from the Four Surfers of the Apoclypso.
- Disasters of divine proportion include Disco Inferno, Hell in a Handbasket and Heaven Nose.
Mac System 7.1
|Req. Hard Drive||8MB Free|
|Required CD Speed||2X|
|Supported Video||13" 256 Color|