688(I) Hunter/Killer (PC, CD-ROM) Electronic Arts - 1997 USA, Canada Release
|Label||Jane's Combat Simulations|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Naval Simulation, Submarine Simulation|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The ultimate nuclear sub simulation.
Jane's Combat Simulations presents 688(I) Hunter/Killer, the most realistic submarine simulation ever developed for the PC. Master the sonar and weapons control systems, learn to develop real target solutions and outfit your boat with the latest advanced weaponry. Then use your skills to complete the tour of duty and earn your dolphins to become a true submariner.
- A truly authentic simulation: Developed by Sonalysts, a defense contractor who designs submarine simulators for the U.S. Navy.
- Over 12 detailed operating stations: Control all aspects of submarine warfare, including the sonar suite, fire control, helm and target motion analysis.
- Real-world terrain: Ocean depth and water density for the entire globe are based on actual satellite topographical data.
- Multiplayer warfare: Seek and destroy up to 8 players over the Internet or LAN, or 2-player Sub-to-sub via modems.
- Full 3-D technology: Full 3-D technology allows for multiple camera views and accurate 3-D models of over 20 different naval weapons platforms.
- Complete control: Manage all of the resources of your submarine, including crewmen training and weapons load-outs.
PC Windows 95
|Required CPU||Pentium 100|
|Req. Hard Drive||112MB Free|
|Required CD Speed||4X|
|Rec. Hard Drive||195|
|Recommend CD Speed||6X|
|Supported Video||Vesa SVGA Hi-Color|
|Supported Network||IPX/SPX 8 Player|
TCP/IP 8 Player
Internet 8 Player
Modem (14,400k bps or faster)
Null Modem 2 Player