Dungeon Masters Assistant Volume I (Amiga, 3 1/2" Disk) Strategic Simulations, Inc. - 1989 USA, Canada Release
Dungeon Masters Assistant Volume I
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Publisher(s)||Strategic Simulations, Inc.|
|Label||Advanced Dungeons and Dragons|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Role Playing|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Official Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Computer Product.
Dungeon Masters Assistant Volume I: Encounters.
- Generate your own Encounters for AD&D game play.
- Over 1,300 monsters and characters (including all monsters from the official AD&D Monster Manual and Monster Manual II).
A utility program designed to help Dungeon Masters generate encounters for AD&D campaigns quickly and easily.
SSI's Dungeon Masters Assistant Volume I: Encounters is a great time saver for Dungeon Masters (DMs). With thousands of separate encounters, monsters and characters provided, it can reduce game prep time by several hours per session.
The database is prodigious indeed: Over 1,000 encounters and over 1,300 monsters and characters, including all monsters from the AD&D Monster Manuals I and II. Monster records and encounter printouts total several hundred pages! (Note: a printer is not required in order to use this product since data can also be output to disk or screen.)
The DM can specify encounters or ask the DM Assistant to generate random ones. DMs can also modify the existing data or add their original monsters and encounters to the database.
With this versatile product, the computer takes over most of the number-crunching work that the DM used to have to perform. Its bookkeeping capabilities include listing all armor and weapons carried by each monster as well as automatically assigning number and type of spells to spell-using monsters. For every encounter, this utility will total treasure and experience points for each monster group.
By harnessing the power of the computer, this program makes it practical to use the vast number of monsters and encounters created for AD&D game play.
- Let the DM Assistant do the following tasks for you: Number crunching, bookkeeping, experience point calculations, spell selection, THAC0 calculation and treasure generation.
- More than two volumes of monsters, encounters, and treasure on call in your computer!
- Customize encounters to meet your standards or create your own encounters.
- Customize standard monsters to your satisfaction or add your special monsters to the database.
- Modify normal encounter tables to suit your needs or create your own encounter tables.