War Of The Lance (C64, 5 1/4" Disk) Strategic Simulations, Inc. - 1990 USA, Canada Release
War Of The Lance
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Publisher(s)||Strategic Simulations, Inc.|
|Label||Advanced Dungeons and Dragons|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Role Playing|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
When war erupts over the lands of Ansalon, you don't just move characters... You move armies!
Welcome to the first AD&D computer wargame. Prepare for fierce battles and all-out war when the forces of Whitestone clash against the evil Highlord Dragon-armies. The prize: absolute rule over all Ansalon on the Dragonlance game world of Krynn.
Choose sides against another human opponent, or command Whitestone against the computer.
Send forth your diplomats to forge treaties and gain the allies that will swell the numbers of your troops.
When words fail, armies of humans, draconians, ogres, dwarves, elves, dragons, and other creatures may prove more persuasive.
See armies move across the lands of Ansalon using the strategic map, or zoom into the overhead map to direct the war on a tighter scale. Select the tactical view to watch details of the battle unfold.
During the course of the game, players can send groups of hero characters on quests to discover magic items. Dragonlances, dragonorbs and gnomish technology may help to defeat the enemy.
Enough talk. Let the war begin!
- Highlord troops commence a flanking movement in their invasion of Silvansti, while Elven troops prepare to defend.
- Highlord Dragonarmies make an assault on Qualinost, capital of the Elven nation of Qualinesti.
- Whitestone moves units in Solanthus, preparing for the Highlord onslaught.
- Strategic, overview and tactical screens show the land of Ansalon on the Dragonlance game world of Krynn.
- Live the War of the Lance saga through combat, diplomacy and conquest.
- Choose either the Whitestone or Highlord side against a friend, or play Whitestone against the computer.
- March into battle against flying citadels, elves, dragons, griffins, draconians, dwarves, minotaurs and more.
- Watch each battle unfold as units fight on a detailed tactical map.
- Send hero characters on quests to discover the secrets of magical items which will be needed to win the game.
Designed by David Landrey, the award-winning author of Gettysburg and Battles of Napoleon.