War In The Gulf (PC, 1.44MB 3 1/2" Disk) Empire Interactive - 1993 USA, Canada Release
From Eli's Software Encyclopedia
War In The Gulf
|Media||1.44MB 3.5" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Wargame, Middle East Wargame|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The Iraqi Republican Guard have overrun the oilfields of Northern Kuwait. War in the Gulf follows the fortunes of a crack unit of M1 tanks as the action unfolds.
- 25 Battle areas individually coded to very fine detail.
- View the battlefield from four different perspectives using a 3D mix of bitmap and vector graphics.
- Take command of 4 tank units, simultaneously controlling 16 different vehicles through the unique split control system.
- Call upon the latest military technology including laser range finders, infra red imaging, TOW, HEAT and SABOT missiles.
- Liberate Kuwaiti villages, capture oilwells and disrupt desert supply lines.
- Lay minefields and order up artillery barrages.
- Fast action, 3D real time, tank simulation using Empires award winning bit mapped technology.
- Eight different types of fighting vehicles defined to incredible detail.
- M1 Abrams, the US army's main battle tank during the gulf War.
- BTR60's, T72s, M2 Bradleys, M113 APC's, ITV's, Hughes 500 Helicopters.