Ultima V Warriors Of Destiny (Atari ST, 3 1/2" Disk) Origin Systems - 1989 USA, Canada Release
Ultima V Warriors Of Destiny
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Role Playing|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Setting the new standard for role-playing adventure.
Warriors of Destiny
Enter the realm of Britannia: a world rich in history, adventure, and intrigue. Lord British, the benevolent ruler of Britannia, has been lost on an expedition to explore the vast reaches of a newly discovered underworld. Panic erupts in Britannia when the sole survivor of the expedition returns with the dread tales of their fate.
To restore peace, the trusted but ambitious subject, Blackthorn seizes control of Britannia. His fanatical devotion to order ultimately transforms him into a self-righteous tyrant. Now, Britannia's destiny depends on your ability to discover the fate of Lord British and to unseat the merciless Blackthorn.
Highlights of Ultima V
Powerful new combat system.
- Watch your axes fly and arrows soar, with detailed animated graphics.
- Weave spells to conjure daemons, call forth rushing winds of flame, or become invisible to the enemy.
- Employ more sophisticated combat strategies as your experience- and challenge- increases.
Unprecedented variety and detail.
- Over twice the graphic detail, animation and sound effects of earlier games, with murmuring fountains, ticking clocks and lighthouses that cut swaths of light through the night.
- Over 30 multi-level villages, towns, castles and keeps to explore, some with as many as five levels.
- A vast new underworld, equal in size to Britannia and populated by a host of shadowy creatures never known before.
Realistic, living world.
- Townsfolk and villagers go about their daily activities of working, eating and sleeping according to their own individual schedules.
- The sun and twin moons rise and set while within the fortified towns and castles drawbridges raise and portcullises drop to protect the inhabitants at night.
- Carry on sophisticated, life-like conversations, buy, sell or trade with hundreds of people throughout the realm.
- One of three distinct dungeon styles.
- Smoother, more realistic graphics.
- Twice the detail of Ultima IV.
More than two years in the making, Warriors of Destiny sets the new standard for the role playing genre. No other game can offer you as beautifully detailed a world or exciting an adventure. Ultima V is the game for all role-playing gamers;
Warriors of Destiny will enchant the novice and challenge the expert.