Star Command (Amiga, 3 1/2" Disk) Strategic Simulations, Inc. - 1989 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Publisher(s)||Strategic Simulations, Inc.|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Role Playing|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Why read science-fiction when you can live it!
Star Command gives you the exhilarating excitement that only the best science-fiction novels can deliver.
Because, in this multiple-character role-playing game, you don't just read about the adventure- you live it!
You create a special force of eight startroopers by selecting characters with different levels of strength, speed, courage, intelligence, psychic power and other skills.
Your first mission: Locate the infamous Blackbeard and destroy his band of intergalactic pirates- a monumental task given the thousands of planets that make up this game universe. With guidance from Armed Forces Headquarters, you'll search planets and explore dungeon-like hideouts for clues to Blackbeard's home base. Along the way, you'll battle his minions in hand-to-hand and ship-to-ship combat.
With each successful foray, your crew will gain fighting experience, rise in rank and carry more powerful weapons such as ions guns, bacterial-infestation grenades and thunderbolt rifles.
Upon completion of your first task (should you survive it at all!), you'll battle more than smugglers- you'll take on an entire alien, insectoid race! Your orders: Uncover enemy invasion plans and use them to destroy the insect's main battle ships.
Star Command. Where all your space-born fantasies come alive.
- Overview of the galaxy for use during space flight.
- Ship-to-ship combat in space against an enemy vessel.
- The Bar, one of several places you'll visit during the game.
- Ground combat against six space pirates.
- The Star Command galaxy contains thousands of planets to explore.
- Command a group of eight star troopers.
- Raid enemy bases, engage in space combat and attack aliens on their home planets.
- You can also engage in trade, espionage missions or scientific explorations.
- Choose between four classes of characters: Pilots, Marines, Soldiers and Espers.
- Rise in rank as you succeed in your missions.
Star Command was designed by Winston Douglas Wood, who also designed SSI's Phantasie series.
- Playing time: 40 to 60 hours
- Introductory :Level