Speedball 2 (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Konami - 1991 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
It's not about wins and losses...
It's about life and death.
Speedball: A vicious game of physical dominance, animalistic intimidation and reckless destruction. Strategy is vital to scoring points- but it's brute force that keeps you alive. As the newly assigned player-manager of Brutal Deluxe- perennial cellar-dweller in the 16-team World Speedball League- you alone can direct the greatest team turnaround in League history.
In the front office, you control player trades and roster changes. At the workout gym, you determine how best to develop your team. But your greatest impact will be on the deadly playfield itself. That is...if you dare face the challenge of a real sport.
The sequel to the original, award-winning Speedball- Speedball 2 is now improved and upgraded to include:
- 16-Team League in two divisions.
- Wide variety of player armor and equipment.
- Instant replay of all goals.
- League, cup, practice and knockout game modes.
- Team, group, or individual player attribute upgrades include attack, defense, speed, throwing, stomping, energy and aggression.
- Ambulance drones to carry off disabled players.
- New larger playfield adds depth and dimension as well as countless new scoring opportunities.
- Programmed by the Bitmap Brothers.
- A deadly sport that combines the strategy of hockey, the finesse of basketball and the brute force of football.
- A wide assortment or armor and equipment can enhance player attributes for any individual or the entire 12-man team.
- Move and pass the ball in any of eight directions while evading the defenders' jumps, slides, and tackles.
- Create your own team by buying, selling, and trading key players and axing those who don't make the grade.