Sonic's Schoolhouse (PC, CD-ROM) Sega - 1996 USA, Canada Release
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Build spelling, reading, and math skills with Sonic the Hedgehog.
The 1st educational title to play like a game!
Sonic's Schoolhouse is fun learning. Kids will sharpen reading, spelling, and math skills in this 3-D Schoolhouse. The game's four different classrooms contain grade-based problems in a fun-filled race for knowledge. Sonic's Schoolhouse offers kids a chance to practice their educational skills with their favorite character, Sonic the Hedgehog and his nemesis, Dr. Robotnik. See you in school!
Kids will love to learn and play with the Blue Dude:
- 5 different grade levels. Set English and Math levels separately to let kids learn at their own speed.
- Created with a team of teachers, curriculum specialists and child psychologists for grade-specific learning.
- 2 player, split-screen mode lets kids play against a friend or parent.
- Play Concentration or a Ring game with Sonic and his friends at recess.
- Go on a field trip adventure to learn about 10 different animals through fascinating video.
- You and your kids can track progress by printing out the gumball machine report, then they can color it in!
- Over 1,500 questions make Sonic's Schoolhouse unending fun!
- Plays with any PC game pad- the educational title which plays like a game!
Parent's guide to skills:
Numbers: Ordinal numbers.
Addition/Subtraction: Addition and subtraction of single units.
Reading: Basic vocabulary.
Numbers: Multi-digit ordinal number sets.
Addition/Subtraction: Formula-based addition and subtraction of single and double units.
Reading: Appropriate vocabulary.
Spelling: Vowels; Basic Vocabulary, single missing letters.
Numbers: Ordinal numbers sets odd and even, additive and subtractive.
Addition/Subtraction: Full single digit addition and subtraction and simple multi-digit addition and subtraction.
Reading: Intermediate vocabulary, simple adjectives and adverbs.
Spelling: Multiple missing letters, core vocabulary lists.
Addition/Subtraction: Addition or subtraction by multiple units.
Multiplication/Division: Introduction to multiplication and division by 1, 2, or 3.
Reading: Advanced vocabulary, intermediate adjectives and adverbs.
Spelling: Intermediate vocabulary, missing multiple letters.
Addition/Subtraction: Addition and subtraction with "X" variables.
Multiplication/Division: Full multiplication and division through single digits.
Reading: Advanced vocabulary, advanced adjectives and verbs.
Spelling: Advanced vocabulary missing multiple letters.