Shuttle (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Virgin Interactive Entertainment - 1991 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Publisher(s)||Virgin Interactive Entertainment|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Space Simulation, Space Shuttle Simulation|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The space flight simulator. Everyone remembers where they were when they first experienced the powerful image of viewing a rocket being launched into space.
Now, soaring at 17,000 miles per hour, 280 nautical miles above the earth, Shuttle enables you to fly numerous realistic missions in the Space Shuttle Orbiter, including classified "Star Wars" (SDI) assignments.
Based on official government documents, Shuttle is the most accurate and comprehensive simulation of NASA's Space Shuttle ever produced for any home computer.
With the aid of Mission Control, you will master such challenges as deploying and repairing satellites, launching spy satellites, maneuvering your craft in zero gravity, attaining the correct re-entry trajectory, and pulling off complicated landings.
Advanced polygon and elliptical graphics along with actual land and star maps were used to create the breathtaking 3-D panoramas of the Orbiter and its environment, which can be viewed at any angle at any time.
- Numerous training, scientific and "Star Wars" (SDI) missions.
- Authentic control panel display.
- Multiple help levels from novice to veteran.
- Various launch and landing sites.
- Advanced polygon and elliptical 3-D graphics.
- Rolling demo of major features and views.
- Orchestral quality music.
- Detailed comprehensive training and reference manual.
- Fold-out shuttle flight deck poster.
"Mind-boggling attention to detail- looks like the ideal training ground for all budding astronauts." -Zero Magazine.
Based on testing and documentation from NASA.