Renegade: Battle For Jacob's Star (PC, CD-ROM) Strategic Simulations, Inc. - 1994 USA, Canada Release (OEM)
Renegade: Battle For Jacob's Star
|Publisher(s)||Strategic Simulations, Inc.|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Space combat so intense you'll have to change your flight suit after every mission!
You're the best they've got. Unfortunately your latest hotdog stunt did not impress the base commander. No sense of humor. So here you are, patrolling a backwater outpost where the only real danger is the food.
Bored to death, you notice that the stars around you are moving. And then it hits you like a bucket of ice water- those are definitely not stars, they're TOG fighters! Maybe you shouldn't have wished so hard for some action...
Get ready for the dogfight of your life! Command a squadron of Renegade fighters against an overwhelming Terran Overlord Government invasion force. Fly your choice of futuristic ships- from the speedy Cheetah and elusive Space Gull to the exotic Fluttering Petal and the massive Pegasus. FASA's Renegade Legion: Interceptor game system comes alive with stunning sights and sounds. It's so intensely real, you'll be sweating bullets!
Tactical space combat at its very best- as only CD-ROM can deliver:
- Super-VGA graphics, spectacular 3-D rendered cinematics, digitized voices, killer music and extreme sound effects will have your head spinning!
- Enjoy space combat from a realistic first-person, flight simulator viewpoint.
- Multiple levels of difficulty give pilots of all skill levels a fighting chance.
- Space Combat Simulator mode lets you hone your skills before going out there for the real thing!
- 3D Combat Positioning System displays the location of all enemy ships.
- Listen to your own audio CDs while careening through space: you'll be prompted if data is needed from the game disk!