Point-To-Point (Apple II, 3 1/2" Disk and 5 1/4" Disk) Beagle Bros - 1989 USA, Canada Release
From Eli's Software Encyclopedia
|Media||3 1/2" Disk and 5 1/4" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The Professional Communications Program!
Beagle Bros' Point-to-Point includes these major features:
- Point-to-Point is the award-winning communications program for the whole Apple II line: IIc, IIc+, 128K IIe, and IIgs. Both 5 1/4" and 3 1/2" disks are enclosed.
- Point-to-Point has received many prestigious honors from critics and users alike. InCider magazine voted Point-to-Point the "All Time Best Telecommunications Program" in 1988. In 1987 Point-to-Point earned the "People's Choice Award" from InCider magazine and the "Software Excellence Award" from Nibble magazine.
- Point-to-Point comes with everything you need to take full advantage of your modem's built-in power. No other software is required.
- Point-to-Point works with most communications hardware: Hayes Smartmodem-compatible modems, the Hayes Micromodem and the Novation Apple-Cat II. Virtually all Apple II modem interface cards are supported, as well as the IIe, IIc+ and IIgs built-in serial ports.
- Point-to-Point supports the Xmodem standard for transferring files. This makes it compatible with virtually all bulletin boards and information services.
- Operation is extremely simple. Point-to-Point's many features are all menu selectable. Frequently used commands are always on display. Point-to-Point never leaves you wondering what to do next.
- Data entry speed is significantly increased with Point-to-Point's built-in macro capability. Create custom command sequences that are tailored toe your own specific needs.
- With the power of Point-to-Point's macros, you can completely automate your communications. Pre-set Point-to-Point to call any number at any time you like. Point-to-Point will dial, send or capture text, and then log off by itself. Save time and money by letting Point-to-Point do the work!
- Point-to-Point's internal review buffer can hold up to 5 megabytes of captured text. RamWorks-style memory cards and IIgs memory are automatically supported. The review buffer allows you to scroll back any time to examine text captured earlier in the session. When the buffer is full, it can automatically be saved on disk.
- Sending a file is easy with Point-to-Point. Just select the file name from a menu and off it goes! You can even send multiple files at once with the same command.
- Point-to-Point makes full use of your printer. Text can be sent to the printer as it is captured. You can also print the contents of the editor or any file on disk.
- Use Point-to-Point to connect your Apple II to the office mainframe computer. Point-to-Point's VT52 communications terminal emulator makes it easy.
- Save money with Point-to-Point's elapsed time display feature. This handy function lets you know how long you have been on line.
- Point-to-Point comes with many ProDOS utilities that allow you to rename files, delete files, create subdirectories and even convert files from one type to another.
- Point-to-Point's menu selectable features make operation extremely quick and easy.
- Point-to-Point includes a powerful 254 column editor that can hold up to 5 megabytes of text.
- Point-to-Point can he set to dial, send or capture text, and then log off by itself!