Microcosm (PC, CD-ROM) Psygnosis - 1994 USA, Canada Release
|Country of Origin||United Kingdom|
Description from the packaging.
Time is running out for the corporate mogul Tiron Korsby. A microscopic probe has been injected into his bloodstream by corporate rival Axiom Corporation. A probe that with every beat of his heart is cruising towards his brain to execute it's diabolical mission: total mind control.
Your mission: track down and destroy the probe. Using the latest in micro-submersible equipment, you'll course throughout the strange and menacing world of the veins, arteries and organs inside the body heading for the final confrontation with the "Gray M" probe. Microcosm blows apart the barriers between movies and computer software.
It's cutting edge features include:
- Over 500 megabytes of gameplay, graphics, and sound data.
- Cinematic presentation of photo-realistic images and full-motion video sequences rendered using state-of-the-art graphic workstations.
- Challenging, fast and furious gameplay, genuine interaction with rendered backdrops, allowing you to pilot your route through Korsby's body.
- Psygnosis' exclusive Fractal Engine Technology system which allows silky smooth video transfer even on single-speed CD-ROM drives.
- A digital audio soundtrack by the rock legend Rick Wakeman, making Microcosm a feast for your ears, as well as your eyes!
It's a movie packed with furiously addictive gameplay, or a game with visuals to match anything Hollywood can produce? With Microcosm you have the best of both worlds.