MegaTraveller 2: Quest For The Ancients (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Paragon Software - 1991 USA, Canada Release
MegaTraveller 2: Quest For The Ancients
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Role Playing|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
A state-of-the-art sequel to MegaTraveller 1: The Zhodani Conspiracy written and designed by Marc Miller, original creator of the MegaTraveller universe!
Vacations never last long for Travelers - we should have known that. Yet here we are on a desperate mission to save a planet from impending doom, battling an armed corsair full of intergalactic pirates.
Plasma blasts are rocking the hull. Jurgen is evading the barrage as best he can, but we're badly outclassed. Their meson screens are strong and tight, and Dennar is still repairing the jump drive. Effane is manning one of the beam laser turrets, trying to keep pace with out newest team member, a retired Vargr soldier who, despite the canine features, shoots as well as she.
Me? I'm trying to stay calm and think of a way out of this - fast. A mysterious artifact, reportedly built by a quasi-mythical race of early starfarers known as the Ancients, has suddenly come to life on the subsector capital of Rhylanor. Now the entire planet faces imminent destruction unless we act in time. The only hope seems to be with learning the secrets of the Ancients - which won't be an easy task.
The Ancients were destroyed 300,000 years ago.
- Advanced character generator supports over 35 careers and 125 skills. Characters may be male or female, Human or Vargr.
- Ten distinct starship types, including Scouts, Merchants and more. Characters automatically perform the starship duties they are best qualified for!
- True role-playing through the revolutionary PAL role-playing engine. You control one character, but command four others- each character responding to your actions and commands according to his/her abilities and personality!
- An all-new graphic-intensive, icon-driven interface with state-of-the-art computer graphics and animation brings all the action to vivid life.
- Intuitive combat system lets characters react automatically and intelligently to crises, according to their abilities, while you plan strategy. Wide variety of weapons and armor.
- Over 100 named, detailed worlds to visit, each with at least 500,000 square miles of terrain to explore, including starports, cities, abandoned ships, ancient sites, stores, casinos, taverns and more! Zoom in/out feature lets you determine the level of detail.
- An exciting animated introduction sets the stage for your adventure!