Links (Amiga, 3 1/2" Disk) Access Software - 1992 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Sports, Golf|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Golf simulation so realistic, you'll think you're there!
It's a beautiful spring day as you prepare to tee off. You gaze down the fairway and notice every detail of your surroundings... the location of each tree... the contour of each hill and slope... the lie of the ball. A day at your favorite course? Not quite, but it's the next best thing. Links The Challenge of Golf is a totally realistic golf simulator for your Amiga that is a quantum leap ahead of any computer golf game that you've ever seen!
Links features include:
- Stunning HAM mode graphics.
- Incredible 3-D contoured terrain.
- Accurate physics of the flight and impact of the golf ball.
- Actual digitized trees and buildings.
- Three levels of game play: Pro, Amateur and Beginner.
- Adjustable golfer's stance and swing plane.
- All the sounds of true golf... from commentary and wildlife to the sound of your swing.
Here's what the reviewers are saying about Links...
PC Magazine- "...Links, the most authentic simulation of them all."
Golf World- "Links graphics [are] far superior to any other computer golf game. Links' trees look like trees."
Compute- "Links is a golfer's dream, a chance to play what feels like real golf without ever having to leave home."
Computer Gaming World- "...Links is unequaled by other golf simulators currently on the market."
Links has won Computer Gaming World's Best Action Game of the Year Award for 1991 as well as SPA's Best Sports Simulator in 1990.
- Featured in Links is the Torrey Pines Golf Course in San Diego, California. The course is reproduced in exacting detail.
- Instant replays, non-obtrusive grid for reading the greens, top view and digitized sound effects are just a few of the features.
- Links requires an Amiga with 1MB RAM and a hard drive.
Play Championship Golf Courses on your Amiga.
The lifeblood of any great golf simulator is the variety of courses you can play. Links is rich with authentic re-creations of golf's most challenging and beautiful championship courses. Let Links and your Amiga take you to the golf courses you've only dreamed of playing! Links Championship Courses are sold separately and Require Links The Challenge of Golf. Championship Courses will be released every other month.
- Barton Creek Country Club, Austin, Texas.
- Pinehurst Country Club, Pinehurst, North Carolina.
- Bay Hill and Lodge, Orlando, Florida.
- Firestone Country Club, Akron, Ohio.
- Dorado Beach Resort, Puerto Rico.