Journey (Amiga, 3 1/2" Disk) Infocom - 1988 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Role Playing|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Have you mettle enough to make siege on the Dread Lord himself? ...We shall see.
If you have ever been spellbound by a fantasy story, captivated by a role playing game, or enthralled by interactive fiction, Journey will rouse your imagination to new heights.
Join us in our Journey. Travel beyond the known boundaries of interactive software into a new world of computer storytelling. Marc Blank- the pioneering co-author of the enormously popular Zork and Enchanter trilogies- weaves a fabulous tale of great adventure, drawing from the highest art of storytelling and the excitement of role playing games to create a fascinating new kind of computer entertainment.
In Journey, you become part of a mesmerizing epic created in the tradition of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. For five long years, failed crops, tainted water, and sickness have blighted a peaceful land. Brave villagers have set forth to find relief for their suffering region, but none have returned. Now, yet another small band is preparing to begin the odyssey. You'll share the adventures of Tag, Praxix, Bergon, Esher, and Minar as they solve puzzles, overcome obstacles, explore unknown lands.
Pass into the world of Journey with ease. The game is simple to learn: your challenge lies in choosing the right path, casting the best spell, and knowing whether to lie or tell the truth. Your imagination will be taxed more and more with each passing day as the difficulties become increasingly complex.
As the tale unfolds, you become acquainted with the characters and their personalities. Each character acts on his own, sometimes advancing the quest, sometimes hindering it. You help them decide where to explore and what actions to take, taking part in their strategies and problem-solving.
The intrigue of a masterfully told story. The thrill of being part of a great adventure. The challenge of leading the tale to its climatic conclusion. This is what makes Journey a uniquely compelling entertainment.
- Journey into a entrancing new era of computer storytelling that combines the challenge of interactive fiction, the adventure of role playing, and the enchantment of an epic chronicle.
- You advance the tale! Choose the next action from the menu using your mouse, joystick, or keyboard.
- Color graphics and theme music bring the action to life as the tale unfolds on your screen.
Enter an exciting new realm of storytelling.
- A whole new brand of computer entertainment.
- Completely menu driven: can be played with just a mouse, joystick, or keyboard.
- Easy to learn yet challenging to play.
- More than 100 beautifully drawn on-screen illustrations.
- An engrossing take gracefully told by Marc Blank, the co-creator or Zork and Enchanter.